Fietsryers se veiligheid tel nie,dis geld wat tel

Call Me Crazy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cyclemania, like I said we know there is a problem and it is serious, but we still can have a laugh or two. When it cmes to the crunch we will stand up and make serious suggestions.

Okay here is a suggestion, why don't we document the dangers of each race after the race, and have a small data base or thread on this site indicating the f ups of each race in order to warn , entertain and assist in better organisation. A post can looking something like this:

date, Race, gripe, who to blame, correction.

xxx, Bakwena, finish was dangerous, cyclists organisers CSA, fix the finish.

xxx, BMW classic, first corner unswept, organisers, sweep corners.

xxx, Amashova, Downhill Ichanga, Cyclists, Learn how to descend.

Guys

May I suggest CSA Road Commission set-up a forum inclusive of Team managers,cyclists,administrators from provincial and the national body with the aim of compiling a revised document/ race booklet wherein all the issues pertaining to road cycling is tackled and published for the general use for race organizers when setting up their events. I believe this should be the starting point now, let us not wait for the next accident then complain again.

Malo, your id?e is great but I think the team managers and cyclist needs to put their issues to paper and then demand CSA Road Commission to set up a race booklet. Give them a deadline to resolve issues. Another option is to set up and action group that will look at all these issues. I also believe there should not be any blaming but rather guidance to avoid extra friction.