Sabie Experience Training

wannabepro

What you guys suggest for last minute training for the BIG EXPERIENCE, which is in less than a month smiley5.gif

ANYONE AS EXCITED AS I AM??? smiley4.gif

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

YES YES YES! I am excited as you.

Last minute training? I heard that now, if in doubt leave it out! We'll put in a big week this week (13+ hours), consisting of 1* 1 hour nightride (done last night, for 24hr), 2 * 1 hour roadbike and 2 * 1 hour MTB during the week, a 100+k (3-4 hours) or so through the Suikerbosrand nature reserve Saturday and a longish 60k (3-3.5hrs) or so MTB ride Sunday.

Next week easy before the 24hour, I will be away in Dubai anyway Wed - Fri. Then another few easy rides after 24hour leading up to the Sabie experience. Probably nothing more than 2 hours or so.

Then just a mere 23 sleeps away the big day (or 4)!

Hey Wannabepro, ja have to admit I'm also very excited about Sabie!!!!!!Thumbs%20Up

I wanna get it over and done with now!LOL and luckily my nameless parrtner feels the same way, see the season gets a bit long if you peak for Sabie asswell.

This is our third one, and I can't waitThumbs%20Up

Training wise, I've got two very hard weeks coming up +-16Hrs and then 1.5weeks easy for recovery to the event

These two hard weeks consists of long rides over weekends and 2hrs each morning during week, incl some intrv. training towards the end of the 2hr ride Dead

Have to admit and say that I'm also very excited about meeting fellow hubbersBig%20smile

Enjoy ya all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!and Train hard!!!!!!

Do you have suggestions for accomodation, we havent booked yet and i started phoning now, seems like sabie is kinda fully booked!

ja i think camping is guna be our only choice. At least it will be a full on Sabie Experience all we need is rain that will make camping quite comfortable and relaxing after a hard day smiley36.gif

Big Ben, i read your report, why do you think im so excited!!!!!!!!   smiley2.gif

Hey hey, julle mountainbikers!!!!Cool

EK dink ek is die meeste excited as julle almal!!!Tongue

Dit is my eerste mountain bike race en ek moet erken ek is excited en bang op die selfde tyd.Wacko

Wat laast minute training aanbetref , stel ek voor van n roadie point of view....just make sure that you ride on your mtb at least 6 time a week between 1-3 hrs. Consistency is your best bet if you havent done your base by now!

Ek hoop net julle lag nie te veel vir my nie want ek dink ek suck nogals op die technical parts!!!

Cherry - Well done at the CGC awards evening last week, looking mighty fine the new slimline you! Clap

My son's only 16 but said 'hey who's the babe with the red hair', that should tell you something!

Did warn him against babe's with red hair, heard they are so vicious they eat the first baby! Evil%20Smile

I'm sure you will enjoy Sabie and no I won't laugh but then again I won't be anywhere near the front where you will be! Enjoy !!!!

cool, sal jou daar sien cherry...moet net nie te veel mtb begin ry nie...wil nie he jy moet my gat daarin ook skop nie

Ag nee wat Amoryntjie...ek dink die rolle gaan so bietjie anders wees...ek dink ek gaan my eie gat so paar keer skop en sien ook!!!LOL

haha ja cherry...ek hoop net ons m oet nie by die mamba opgaan nie want anders kan ek nou maar al my hike skoene saam vat......o vrek nou begin ek weer stres

gelukkig gaan psycho hulle daar wees...."gawe" klomp manne

Amoryn like I said to wannabepro, check out my pre ride report, I did write a bit about the route besides all the other crap I spun!

ja nee big ben het dit gelees.......phewie.....klink tough en rough. dit gaan eintlik funny wees want daar gaan baie roadies wees die jaar