So what now?

Dr. Seuss

so what type of training to do now with no races coming up until end of JAN -

take it easy with some LSD until begin JAN and then go full gas again?

do some gym work up to begin FEB?

what if I am only taking leave end of JAN - go hard now & only rest end of JAN?

saw hardly anyone on the roads yesterday & today and the turnout at the engen classic is worse than in mid july!

Relax, eet baie,geniet die holiday season. Gaan op social rides en doen bietjie ander dinge, gaan roei,of hardloop, cross train a bit. Bike for fun in december not for training,just maintain fitness levels.

.... And do the SABIE EXPERIENCE!!!!!!! smiley4.gif

Last year some mates and I did a "training camp".  Inverted commas 'cause we didn't acshly go anywhere, we just rode every day for a week or so.  The plan was to alternate hard days (80km or so, including Helshoogte) and easy days (45km with no serious climbs).

It seemed to do a great deal to up the fitness and strength levels.  For the rest of the summer I rode twice during the week and once on the weekend and I had prolly my best summer of riding ever.

I am hoping to repeat the formula this summer.

Big%20smile

We starting with the Ian Kernick 200k event in 2 weeks time or so...then some other lsd rides planned etc..I intend going back to running in between...

"DTThumbs%20Up"

We starting with the Ian Kernick 200k event in 2 weeks time or so.

now that sounds like a plan - nearly forgot about that ride - is there a lot of people doing it?

Base training for 4 weeks, then starting to build up from January again to racing at the beginning of February

so what type of training to do now with no races coming up until end of JAN -

take it easy with some LSD until begin JAN and then go full gas again?

do some gym work up to begin FEB?

what if I am only taking leave end of JAN - go hard now & only rest end of JAN?

saw hardly anyone on the roads yesterday & today and the turnout at the engen classic is worse than in mid july!

Now is the perfect time to increase fitness without having to be freah or rested for racing.

Plenty of "Sweet spot training" - all good quality at moderate to hard tempo and above. It is a good opportunity to work on threshold power - try the classic 2 x 20 hill intervals at threshold power.

It is a good opportunity to work on threshold power - try the classic 2 x 20 hill intervals at threshold power.

thanks BM - figured this might be the answer!

(i like wannabepro's idea better!)

BIKE MAX? R U REF. TO 20MIN?

Yes - the optimum duration for training to raise threshhold power is 20 mins and over - so the 2 x 20 with say 10 min rest is a manageable but effective session.