Officialdom and cheating

mallo

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard from a very reliable source that he might move to a euro road team.

Good for him. He's pretty much achieved all he can as a locally-based MTB racer. And he can always come back and win the Epic when he's done with the pro road scene. Big%20smile I see he was 10th at the Tour of Ireland and 19th at Tour of Britain, neither of which had long climbs which suit him.

Hi to all you fellow Offcialdom and cheating readers.

I am very excited to see that thus far I have had more than 6 357 hits. More hits than Armstrongs come back   Clap

I have read everybodies comments and  find it quite amusing to see what some people keep them selfs busy with , definitely not training .

For those of you who were present at the race and who knew why the officials made the decisions they made ,but chose not to disclose the information on this site ( you know who you are )I am very disappointed in you and made the conclusion that your comments are a reflection of your own insecurities.

Unlike what you all may think cycling to me is a hobby. I seldom race but when I do ,I usually select not more than 4 races a year. A week ago I decided to race the Dome to Dome as I was training with Christoff and realized that I had good form . I phoned the race organiser and asked her if I could enter the race and what the procedures were. She clearly stated that I can enter the race at the Dome Friday or Saturday by paying the late entry fee and had to present my licence. I asked her again if she was sure that this is all that I must do, of which she replied Yes and added that I should take her number and if I had any problems with anybody that they should phone her, which I then did. 

Not once was I told that I had to enter the Super Series separately at Cycle Lab until after the race.

On the day of the race the start was delayed . Everybody saw me ,no one complained to the officials that I was n't allowed to race there and I did n't know. I was issued with a number, I did as I was told. Not once did I misleed the race organizer in thinking that I was part of the series. I made it clear that I wasn't. I am not even in the least interested in the series. 

To make a long story short the break goes. I ve got no team. I race by myself. I have to close the gap by myself .

+- 8 km to the end Jock turns to me and says that it is all over the radio that I am disqualified because of an incorrect entry made by an official. Then all the verbal abuse followed>>>$#$%^&*****@@@@$%%^*       I don't have a team or a team car or even a radio. He was convincing, I believed him and wanted to drop out of the race and fell back to the race reverees' car who at that stage was taking a time gap ( this is now according to a guy named owen when everybody should have seen the expression on my face when mouse and JG dropped me. PLEASE!!!!!)

As I got to the referees' car , I told him that according to the riders in front I am disqualified because of an incorrect entry.He stated that he knows absolutely nothing about it and that I should carry on racing. By then the front riders were gone and I ended up in third place.

After the race a complaint was lodged of which the SACF ruled that the organisers of the Super Series were at fault not having representatives or trained personell at the entry table to inform cyclists that they had to enter the super series separately.

I think Bruce that it is very rude and selfish of you to suggest that the officials and race organiser were bullied into making a decision on my behalf. I think being the gentleman you are you will appologise to the race organiser for all the unsubstantial remarks you made towards her. She made a mistake because she didn't know because you ( or whoever) didn't inform her. Which I believe you admitted to....... 

I can't believe that these people would to try and beat me by means of using politics during the race instead of form. But then, how would it look if you lose a race two blocks away from your business to someone that races four times a year (The Beast from the East I believe I'm called)

As for my bike you all will agree that that Scott is an awsome bike.It 's the most responsive bike I have ever ridden. You are all more than welcome to order one as a team issue Saunier du wal bike straight from the factory, fit a set of Boras, remove the handlebar tape and then weigh it. Wink

As to the rest of the vets keep up the good work. I enjoy the site.Good to know I draw so much attention even if I only race 4 times a year. Thanks, the jokes are original. Don't stop !!!!!!!! 

OB1 StarStarStarStarStar

(Still the best vet)

AOB12008-09-17 11:33:45

As a neutral cyclist on this TOPIC, I have the following to say.

The debate was the other day about having seeding according to ability and not age; why the VSS category etc. etc. AO showed that he has the ability to race in the VSS cat!

In my opnion, I do not know AO personally, but if AO paid his entry fee to race in the VSS category, the other competitors had an opportunity to object racing against him; Further more, I come also from other disciplines which includes Radio Control. In AO case; although he initially did not join the VSS; because of the organisers accepting his entry fee for D2D and allocating him a VSS number; he is eligible for the prize money but not the SERIES points .. which I would believe is the case.

Other hubbers may argue that AO is a cheat; banned etc. etc. Point of the fact for D2D is that his race entry was valid and he was eligible for the prize money ... Lets move on!!!

Clap Great response!

Glad that you can take the humour as it is intended. Maybe soon you will be signing girls breasts at parties!

Pity that there is a serious underbelly to all this.

As a neutral cyclist on this TOPIC' date=' I have the following to say.

?

The debate was the other day about having seeding according to ability and not age; why the VSS category etc. etc. AO showed that he has the ability to race in the VSS cat!

?

In my opnion, I do not know AO personally, but if AO paid his entry fee to race in the VSS category, the other competitors had an opportunity to object racing against him; Further more, I come also from other disciplines which includes Radio Control. In AO case; although he initially did not join the VSS; because of the organisers accepting his entry fee for D2D and allocating him a VSS number; he is eligible for the prize money but not the SERIES points .. which I would believe is the case.

?

Other hubbers may argue that AO is a cheat; banned etc. etc. Point of the fact for D2D is that his race entry was valid and he was eligible for the prize money ... Lets move on!!!
[/quote']

if he's banned, how does he have a licence? smiley5.gif

oh, and nice response, aob1. this thread's got legs!holy roller2008-09-17 11:05:17

HR exactly my point .. there are too many speculation around AO ... You quote "if he is banned"; is his name actually on the CSA website confirming this? Can we get Carinus to confirm this? cos if he is banned, how did he get a licence from CSA??

Unless I see concrete proof about someone; I do not pass any judgement based on hearsay of speculation!!!
KlapperKnop2008-09-17 11:07:24

Ask him, he is still here.

AOB1, are you or were you banned and if so do you have a current licence from CSA?

Ask him' date=' he is still here.

?

AOB1, are you or were you banned and if so do you have a current licence from CSA?

?

?
[/quote'] ok, i will: are you or were you banned and if so do you have a current licence from csa?

Guys let go on the facts!!! AO race D2D in the VSS cat .. In order to race there you need a CSA racing licence ... based on his entry he had to have a licence otherwise the whole systems fall through the carpet!!!

Secondly if he has a CSA licence, that means he in not banned for 2008 at CSA, otherwise is he is banned at CSA and still has a valid CSA licence then the system at CSA fails!!

Hence why I ask Carinus to rather answer the question around his licence!!

BTW he also has a valid Winningtime Chip!!

Yes, I do have licence.

I recieved a life ban in 1991 after a UCI hearing in Bloemfontein in 1998 I got my licence back. I have renewed it ever since racing as a vet or elite. AOB12008-09-17 11:57:09

?Yes' date=' I do have licence.

I recieved it in 1998 after a UCI hearing in Bloemfontein.?I have renewed it ever since.[/quote']

thanks for the info, and shedding some more light on this issue. i believe you are due a couple of apologies