Advice Needed - Pimp my ride

Man with no name

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I see where this is going and I don't like it. Might loose more than a toe it seems.

HELLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO you live in Turkmenistan, and you're afraid of loosing a toeConfusedTongueLOLLOLLOLLOL

So by the way, MY BIKE IS HANDBUILT IN ITALY BY THE MAESTRO MORITSIO(?) HIMSELFBig%20smile

All' date='

What advice can you give me to make my supposedly light road bike lighter? I'm thinking specifically stem, seatpost, handlebar (all Ritchey Comp at the moment).

20061128_230224_HW_Road_Bike.jpg
[/quote']

You can always just trade it in for the new Scott Addict ltd edition......

20061129_060447_AddictLtd.jpg

According to SCOTT, its weighs 5.9kg and the recommended retail price....

Just one R short of R100,000-00!!!! Yes, R99,999!!!!Confused

MWNN....nee ry nie 24hour nie...doen tour de winelands kaap....

ek het maar net veralgemeen met die stelling van die handlebar tape.....hiehie

hoe nou...wanneer kry jy cannondale

On a more serious note.

Fisrt and best option, to both save weight and improve performance I would aggree with TitusTi and get a tubby wheelset.

Next up I would go for a nice stem, hanlde bar and seatpost, Easton or Ritchey WCS.

Other pedals you can look at would be Time RXS Ti Carbon or the Look Keo equivalant.

Zero Gravity brakes will be a big weight saving, but they are quite expensive so if there is a budget limit then they would not be 1st on my list (though I am very happy with my set...Wink)

Spokes to me' date=' o Nameless one!!!![/quote']

I dids, and now there is no Cannondale next year!!!LOL
Alas, we spoke once, and it was only briefly....

On a more serious note.

Fisrt and best option' date=' to both save weight and improve performance I would aggree with TitusTi and get a tubby wheelset.

Next up I would go for a nice stem, hanlde bar and seatpost, Easton or Ritchey WCS.

Other pedals you can look at would be Time RXS Ti Carbon or the Look Keo equivalant.

Zero Gravity brakes will be a big weight saving, but they are quite expensive so if there is a budget limit then they would not be 1st on my list (though I am very happy with my set...Wink)

[/quote']

I wouldn't use Keo and Light in the same sentence when comparing to Time.

However Time does balance the lack of weight with a lovely big surface area to push on very nicelyClap

And then if yu through in theri frame, forks and cranks to match the pedals there would be no need for this threadBig%20smile

Spokes to me' date=' o Nameless one!!!![/quote']

I dids, and now there is no Cannondale next year!!!LOL
Alas, we spoke once, and it was only briefly....

Oh does thee forget our recent accord on other matters? Hence no 'dale

Isn't Maurizio (!) Fondriest a bit of a has been?

True true, but atleast he won worlds(recall him being very young when he did)Thumbs%20Up!!!!!! The Jap that buildt you'r Scott did what again??Big%20smileTongueLOL

LOL

True true' date=' but atleast he won worlds(recall him being very young when he did)Thumbs%20Up!!!!!! The Jap that buildt you'r Scott did what again??Big%20smileTongueLOL
LOL[/quote']

Ermmm, those Japs that build Scott bikes are in fact Taiwanese and have done an excellent job of remaining in business.

And since when has skill at racing bikes equated to skill at building them?

[

I wouldn't use Keo and Light in the same sentence when comparing to Time.

Wat weeg die Time pedale? Die Look KEO Titaniums wat ek ry weeg 195gr vir die stel. Dis moer lig in enige iemand se taal...