Advice Needed - Pimp my ride

Man with no name

Nameless, just remember that a very light bike is really k@k on the descends, so stop worrying about the weight. That bike of you'rs is light enough as is......

Take the pro's very few of them have these extremely light bikesConfused except for Rasmussen

If you have to be like ............. then I would suggest the seatpost and hanndle bars for starters afterwards the gruppo.

A too light a bike is not going to do ya any favours in VA next yearWink

M.A.W. klim op jou fietsie en ry die k@k uit haar uit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Thumbs%20UpLOL

koop eerder vir jou daai nice CANON wit lensCool

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget about losing weight on the bike, the cheapest way is to lose it on the body.........keep pedalingBig%20smile

Nameless' date=' just remember that a very light bike is really k@k on the descends, [/quote']

Waarvan praat jy nou? As iemand nie kan afdraendes ry nie is dit nie die fiets se skuld nie! Ek is al by 100de mense met baie swaarder fietse as myne verby teen baie scary afdraendes. Dit hang van die fiets se geometrie af en die wiele en die persoon se vermoe? om te kan afdraend ry...

how about you add 20 hours per week?

In the immortal words of PB' date=' it's not about how good you look next to the bike, it's how fast you make it go..
[/quote']

Your peanut butter speaks...and knows about cycling?

Look it'll probably cost you R10 000 to save another 1kg.

Give me R2000 and I'll cut off 3 toes from each foot. You should still be able to walk reasonably OK and you'll save R8000 !

That wouldn't work - 6 toes is unlikely to come to 1kg.  That would be around 160g per toe.

You could also cut the guy's ears off, which would have the additional benefit of making him more aerodynamic.  Not much benefit when climbing but at speeds much above 20km/h there may be some advantage.

An advantage which would need to be contrasted with the fact that his sunnies would fall off.

ja nee MWNN....jou fiets moet definitief gepimp word aangesien dit carbon is en Zipp wiele op het......flip party van ons kan nie eers bekostig om ons handlebar tape te pimp nie

An advantage which would need to be contrasted with the fact that his sunnies would fall off.

Isn't this the exact reason that Oakley made the OverTheTops?

That wouldn't work - 6 toes is unlikely to come to 1kg.  That would be around 160g per toe.

You could also cut the guy's ears off' date=' which would have the additional benefit of making him more aerodynamic.  Not much benefit when climbing but at speeds much above 20km/h there may be some advantage.

[/quote']

I see where this is going and I don't like it. Might loose more than a toe it seems.

Thanks to everyone who made a (sensible) contribution. I am looking at a number of crank, seatpost and handlebar options, but at the same time realising that there's the less fortunate such as Psycho, who still rides his Italian frame (made in my country Japan)LOL

I know Crux favours the ITM Sword stem/bar combination, but this comes out at around 4 grand at the end. Very Naais, but I am looking to spend not more than 5 K, and that should be everything (tall order I know)

Looking at Levi's bike (same frame as me, but different components), it weighs in at about 1-1.5 kgs less than mine (he's a bit overweight you know, have to compromise somewhereLOL)

ja nee MWNN....jou fiets moet definitief gepimp word aangesien dit carbon is en Zipp wiele op het......flip party van ons kan nie eers bekostig om ons handlebar tape te pimp nie

Ja jy met die nuwe 'dale! Witbrood onder die armWink

Sien ons jou b d 24H?

ClapClapClapClapClapClapLOLLOLLOLLOL Amoryns could not have said this better myselfWinkTongueLOLLOLLOL

ClapClap

Are those the clincher or Tubby Zipps? If they're the clincher's, change to the Tubby's? Drop alot of weight like that.