Oh my WORD!!!! the Rand is in absolute FREEFALL

Cruxpearl

Rand has dropped 5% of Value since 08:00 this morning, and still dropping!!!!

We are going to PAY dearly for imported stuff!!!!

EINA!!!!!!!CryCryCry

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On the bright side Brent crude oil is $85.68

But I assume (Yeah I know ....) that brent's crude stuff going down with the ZA rond going up will negate that and we still end up paying the same if not more for our juice OuchCry

On the bright side Brent crude oil is $85.68

But I assume (Yeah I know ....) that brent's crude stuff going down with the ZA rond going up will negate that and we still end up paying the same if not more for our juice OuchCry

You are sadly correct BB, hopefully this is a short term volatility on the currency and will not have a long term effect

I am eyeing it very carefully. The moment it looks like dropping back I will transfer some of my US$$$$!!!!!! I want to buy a flat and a bakkie when I visit in November. This rise could be helping me a lot.

I wish the polotical analysts would stop talking because everytime the wind starts blowing 5mph faster in texas or a potential political crisis could happen in the middle east either the rand drops or the oil price goes up.

Will have to see if the market rallies before the close but at the moment it is in a turmoil.

FTSE JSE/Africa Index Series

%

ChartIcon.gifMINING24,286-1,766.74-7.27
ChartIcon.gifTOP 4019,379-1,144.47-5.91
ChartIcon.gifMID CAP26,429-1,119.20-4.23
ChartIcon.gifSMALL CAP24,638-652.28-2.65
ChartIcon.gifALL SHARE21,462-1,216.41-5.67
ChartIcon.gifFLEDGLING3,907-107.35-2.75

ChartIcon.gifRESOURCE 2038,127-2,647.87-6.94
ChartIcon.gifINDUSTRIAL 2516,395-787.94-4.81
ChartIcon.gifFIN 156,431-356.04-5.54
ChartIcon.gifFIN INDU20,248-1,032.23-5.10
ChartIcon.gifCONM70-3.89-5.53

World Info

2008/10/06 13:35:00
%

ChartIcon.gifBRENT SPOT91.05-3.93
ChartIcon.gifGOLD $857.352.70
ChartIcon.gifPALLADIUM $1982.06
ChartIcon.gifPLATINUM $9641.47
ChartIcon.gifR153 13.00%*9.560.00
ChartIcon.gifRAND/EURO11.821.58
ChartIcon.gifRAND/POUND15.322.11
ChartIcon.gifRAND/US$8.692.55
ChartIcon.gifSILVER $11.362.43
ChartIcon.gifUS$/EUR1.36-1.56
ChartIcon.gifUS$/POUND1.76-0.80
ChartIcon.gifYEN/US$103.13-2.06

I wish the polotical analysts would stop talking because everytime the wind starts blowing 5mph faster in texas or a potential political crisis could happen in the middle east either the rand drops or the oil price goes up.

This, I fear, is all to do with the ANC's political "tare" in the party's top brass.Confused

So, whats the problem with the Rand freefalling. The Citizen newspaper reports that the economy is going strong. So says some minister...

Weak rand means that our exporters can start smiling again. As long as it does not go to far I think its good for the economy.

I see OPEC asked its members to restrict supply in order to get Brent Crude back to $ 100!? So much for free financial markets. I dont know why they are worried about demand? All the trailor trash are moving out of their new homes back into their petrol-fueled trailers and will getting around more ("Watch this ya-all")

I see OPEC asked its members to restrict supply in order to get Brent Crude back to $ 100!? So much for free financial markets. I dont know why they are worried about demand? All the trailor trash are moving out of their new homes back into their petrol-fueled trailers and will getting around more ("Watch this ya-all")

Did we not have the much read and commented "Price Fixing" thread a while back?????? ....... oh sorry my mistake!!!!!!!! ....... it was not the "trailor trash" moaning and bitching..... it was the well to do cyclists bitching and moaning about their carbon framed bicycles with lightwaight brakes that may cost more!!!!!!!!!