JPW#

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK' date=' some photos as promised.[/quote']

Thanks for the pics JB these are very informative.

It's such a pleasure. I take gigabytes of these things and my wife takes no interest in them whatsoever. I really like it when someone shares the important things in life such broken spokes and carburettors with me.

It's a sad day in Africa today ((( the rims I wanted to buy...the mavic 819's are....R1300 each!!!!...I might as well buy a complete mavic  xc wheel set for R2400

buy Spank Subrosas. slightly heavy but you dont need to worry about those rock gardens again!!!!

It's a sad day in Africa today ((( the rims I wanted to buy...the mavic 819's are....R1300 each!!!!...I might as well buy a complete mavic  xc wheel set for R2400

Flip! That is expensive! I thought they were between R800.00 & R1000.00

I suppose that is why they arent so common/popular.

Time for a group buy @ CRC!

DRC makes some nice MTB rims for rim and disc brakes. They're R310 each. However, that's apparently too cheap for most people and they shun them in favour of something with a bit more street cred.

DRC makes some nice MTB rims for rim and disc brakes. They're R310 each. However' date=' that's apparently too cheap for most people and they shun them in favour of something with a bit more street cred.

[/quote']

The 819's are tubless. There is nothing else on the market to compare it with.

The 819's are tubless. There is nothing else on the market to compare it with.

Yup, this is them.

20081007_073232_Extreme_Nipple_.JPG

They offer a solution for wheels with extreme nipple angles but at a price.

This particular wheel was a Rohloff and the only way to make it reliable was to find something that allows oodles of spoke swivel.

I think in this application their use is valid.

However, they're dirt trappers and I have no doubt that spoke problems down the line will lead to stripped alu inserts.

I know that some people feel that pure tubeless is the latest and they have to get it. In my opinion, the cost and limited options makes this an exercise in excess.

There is nothing wrong with tubeless conversion and I haven't come across a good argument against it.

So according to the experts on the Hub these spokes are on their way out.

Yup, the 8 outbound spokes on the right hand side of that wheel will give you trouble. Not if, but when.

Does that wheel have a large flange hub of sorts?

DRC makes some nice MTB rims for rim and disc brakes. They're R310 each. However' date=' that's apparently too cheap for most people and they shun them in favour of something with a bit more street cred.

[/quote']

Sadly they don't make a great tubeless conversion, how do I know this, how dare I make a statement like this.

I often have to fix up the problems that come with them.

If you need an explanation come in and see for youself.

[/quote']

Sadly they don't make a great tubeless conversion, how do I know this, how dare I make a statement like this.

I often have to fix up the problems that come with them.

If you need an explanation come in and see for youself.

You mean you don't have any scientific proof to back up your statement ! Ouch

LOL LOL

The Thug2008-10-08 01:36:23

Thug

The ultimate proof or fact is the one that science can't prove LOLLOLLOL

Sorry for the "smileys" in this very seriaas forum.

My answer to all questions asked from now on will be 42 Wink