Is it just me?

Sammajoor

I agree, prices are way too high. Problem is that many Hubbers jump straight on to the guy's post and lay a horrible comment on the guys price. This can often destroy his sale.

An eg. There was a guy selling a 4-5 year old Omega with 105 9sp. He wanted R6500 for it. I was so tempted to tell him how rediculous his price was, but he got a buyer at R5500. A bike that old, with those specs shouldn't have sold for more than R3000.

What I am trying to say, if I had commented on his price, he may have lost the sale.

In my opinion, fellow Hubbers should rather send a PM to the seller if they think the price is too high.

With Spinnerkop' date=' i dont think most of the time its intentional especially when new members advertise. A lot of people dont know what the 2nd hand price is as they base it on what they paid new. Hubbers have been noted to point this out to them, often not quite nicely.

[/quote']

Spinnerkop ........ is this Robocop's kleinboet???????LOLLOLBig%20smileBig%20smileEmbarrassed

No no 'spinner'kop is the east rand version of robocop oom Wink

Take out those earplugs when i shout at you (yesterday Rietvlei)

Wish i could ride like a spinnerkop BigH.

Please accept my umblest aplogies sah! I had no idea who was causing such a ruckus but due to some certain omely pressures couldn't stop to find out ......

Would have been nice if you told me up front you were venturing out to our neck of the woods, OK at passport control, visum OK?

ya' date=' BB, that was Scotty & I screaming a huge hello to you!!![/quote']

Please accept apologies as above ......

I agree' date=' prices are way too high. Problem is that many Hubbers jump straight on to the guy's post and lay a horrible comment on the guys price. This can often destroy his sale.

An eg. There was a guy selling a 4-5 year old Omega with 105 9sp. He wanted R6500 for it. I was so tempted to tell him how rediculous his price was, but he got a buyer at R5500. A bike that old, with those specs?shouldn't have sold for more than R3000.

?

What I am trying to say, if I had commented on his price, he may have lost the sale.

?

In my opinion, fellow Hubbers should rather send a PM to the seller if they think the price is too high.
[/quote']

This displays a bias in favour of sellers. The public interest should lie in goods being sold for fair prices. That way neither seller nor buyer gets screwed.

I see no reason why people's prices shouldn't be put to public scrutiny.

Imagine if you were the buyer of the Omega and you had now read this post.

Of course the beauty of markets is that one man's meat might be another's poison. Perhaps the buyer had been hankering after that particular Omega for months and was thus prepared to pay a premium.

No worries BB, I know when secretly training you have to stay focused!Wink

No worries BB, I know when secretly training you have to stay focused!Wink

Don't go telling Mux, MTBbaaithing or Wayne now you hear ......

I am quite new to the forum and cycling. I, for one appreciate it when guys out there are honest and speak their mind. If a buyer knows his stuff and is willing to pay a price for a certain overpriced item, then all is fair in love and war. Some guys buy from the forum for the reason that buying new gear is just not an option. In these situations I think fellow hubbers have a responsibility to let a seller know he is trying to sell for to much.

I have Tranz X Tri/TT bars for sale, and a friend advised me to ask R550 for them. I got like 3 views, so at this stage I don't know if I ask to much or if there just is no market for the items.

PS: bars are still new.

Joe

If a car loses 25% of it's value when it drives off the floor, at very least a similar rule applies to bikes and accessories. With an additional 15%pa thereafter.