My Picture / Action Photo

markStockton

Report them to the Department of Trade and Industry. This is a scam. Their business model is illegal in terms of Government Gazette no. 26700

I once challenged them on this issue. I have yet to receive a reply.

How is this illegal?

When you receive your race pack there is a set of self-adhesive numbers enclosed.

No one forces you to put those numbers on your bike or helmet. The are instructions included in the race pack stating that if you want a picture to be taken then you must wear the numbers. If you put the numbrs on then don't complain because you get a few photos in the post a few weeks later.

You just simply accepted there invitation to take photos of you by putting the numbers on.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Report them to the Department of Trade and Industry. This is a scam. Their business model is illegal in terms of Government Gazette no. 26700

How is this illegal?

When you receive your race pack there is a set of self-adhesive numbers enclosed.

No one forces you to put those numbers on your bike or helmet. The are instructions included in the race pack stating that if you want a picture to be taken then you must wear the numbers. If you put the numbrs on then don't complain because you get a few photos in the post a few weeks later.

You just simply accepted there invitation to take photos of you by putting the numbers on.

I have had photos taken and sent to me in cases where I for sure did not indicate in any way that I wanted them, anyone else ?

Yep, exactly BB. They send you the pics even when you aren't wearing the numbers. Then demand payment. I've got the pics to prove that I wasn't wearing their numbers.

I have had photos taken and sent to me in cases where I for sure did not indicate in any way that I wanted them' date=' anyone else ?
[/quote']

Yip, I've had that... seems like if they can make out your race number in anyway, they'll send you pics....

I have had photos taken and sent to me in cases where I for sure did not indicate in any way that I wanted them' date=' anyone else ?
[/quote']

Yip, I've had that... seems like if they can make out your race number in anyway, they'll send you pics....

Exactly ...... thank you!

[/quote']

Exactly ...... thank you!

I don't know why they don't all just use a system like they do at motorcycle track days... photo's get taken, put on web, and if you want one, mail them proof of payment and they send you originals...

The guys who take pics at Babba's use the web-based model. Works a treat. It's just so much more efficient and intelligent. I've bought a few pics from them before. They just e-mail them to you.

It seems the My Picture crowd only survives by intimidation and illegal business practices. Report them to the DTI.

a puncture of bicycles....

I got an email from them informing me I hadn't ordered. Mailed back I didn't order cause I didn't like the pics. Then it ping pongs back and forth about I'm committed because I put on a number etc and after a few times, I phone, tell them to go away ( I was nice about it though) and they appear to have ......gone away.

[/quote']

So u didnt have the number sticker on your frame or helmet they just took a photo and sent it to you?

i received pics in the post from them once... they got my number from the race number on my back (it has to be there doesn't it?) and then they demanded payment even though i did a RTS... they simply put them in a fresh envelope and sent then again. so I also emailed them and pointed out (in very legal terms - had a lawyer working at the desk next to mine) what to do with themselves... never heard from them again.

Very interesting reading, thanks Jules.

It would seem that if anyone reported My Picture to DTI, they might well have a problem.