101% was wrong!!

bruce

Guest Michelle

Awesome bruce.. I'd love to hear your review on this one Wink (especially in comparison to the Cervelo)

The guys at Trek reckon because I have a large frame - 60cm - I will feel it!  This bike has boron inserts in all the stress areas to make it even more stiff (which is a good thing I hear Wink)

Guest Michelle

Hope you're going for the Bontrager carbon saddle as well Big%20smile

I hope Trek aren't pushing Boron as a new technology.  Tennis racquet manufacturers have been using it for 20-odd years.

Nice bike Bruce (pity about the brand though)Wink

I hope Trek aren't pushing Boron as a new technology.  Tennis racquet manufacturers have been using it for 20-odd years.

Nice bike Bruce (pity about the brand though)Wink

No, they are actually not going to mass manufacture this model, apparently it is quite difficult to do on a large scale.

As for the brand - I wonder if they were inspired by South African history LOL

Hope you're going for the Bontrager carbon saddle as well Big%20smile

Nope, will stick with my trusted Fi'zi`k - or maybe get the new carbon one, what do you think?

As for the brand - I wonder if they were inspired by South African history LOL

Ja, the long slow migration that took 50 years. mmmm....

Guest Michelle
bruce: It's on the SSLx in Cyclelab... looks GORGEOUS!!  Go for anything with XXX-Lite on it LOL

bruce: It's on the SSLx in Cyclelab... looks GORGEOUS!!  Go for anything with XXX-Lite on it LOL

Seatpost, stem, and handlebars - hand picked by 101% so they must be good!!

Along with Aeolus 6.5 wheels!!

I'd say stick with the Fizik saddle.  If you don't hate it you love it and I don't know of anyone that has changed their minds about Fizik saddles, especially the Arione.

Very nice Bruce!!!!

Can't wait to hear your honnest opinion on which bikes better ...this or your Cervelo Soloist.

I can only guess Wink

To be absolutely honest, I will probably struggle to give reasons why one would be better than the other - for me as long as it's a bike and it's got two wheels I'm happy!!

I tend to be more interested in improving the engine!!

I think the big difference is going to be the geometry.  Both my previous race bikes have been compact, with my Lapierre Carbon X-lite being a smaller frame than the Cervelo so it was a bit more twitchy and unstable.  With the Trek being a traditional geometry, it will be interesting to fell it in racing conditions - roll on H2H!!