How was your Shova?

keith

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Look forward to it, and seeing you guys again. Haven't heard from WW have you? And was it Jennie May or Ellie May, the other cute one with the awesome new 2009 Campag Heart Record on her Giant?

Glad to see you guys did good rides. Musta been the brekkie at the Mugg on Saturday.

Would have been my first Shova, but after a streak of bad luck I got the flu the week before tha race and could not take part. Was one of the most frustrating days of my life. There goes my aim for a 2h45 Shova 2008. Hopefully Shova 2009 will be a good one!

Not sure if I missed something... where was Team Konica Minolta?

They're racing the Tour of Hong Kong Shangai in China. Their sponsor has a big presence in that part of the world.

The most difficult ride ever on a tricycle....anybody got a cure for my knees?

the same cure used for insanity should work! couldn't believe it when i saw you. smiley32.gif

Tat is a training partner of mine.  He did not do to bad for a guy only cycling for about 2 years now.  Started VA, olso got droped on Fox, did a 2:50

FrancoisO2008-10-21 05:47:36

the same cure used for insanity should work! couldn't believe it when i saw you. smiley32.gif

And whats thatEmbarrassed

Thanks...def wont be back I can tell you that much...way to much work...unless I get more gears somehowConfused

Hey RADical , we waited with your dad and GF etc, for you to come in, You looked kaput,.

Well done ,

my first time doing the shova and it was fantastic, we rode before from joburg down to pietermaritzburg, arrived on saturday afternoon at pietermaritzburg and raced on sunday, my time was 3:02, wanted to break 3 hours but my legs werent 100% after riding from johannesburg, so next year i will aim for 2:40

It was my first one as well.

Despite the fact that it was the easiest thing I have ever done, I still managed a DNF.

Had to get my butt off the couch and go to church.

I never watched a cycling event on TV before 'cause I still don't understand it all.

Next year I plan to watch it from my saddle instead.

it was my first Amashova and I had a K@K ride. Started with saddle sores from before Crater Cruise, they didn't get smaller! By 60km mark I was gonna stop but then figured I wanted my medal and besides it's only another 46km so on I bled, got nattering with MichaelH - Good to see you bike on the bike Micheal.

Did anyone notice that that race is NOT downhill! Every corner I went around there was another uphill, I died! I'm on anti-biotics now so guess who's not riding at the Dome Crit tonight!!!Cry But I suppose I'm gonna have to do the race again next year so I can do it in 3.30 Big%20smile- I only managed 4 hours this time

hey Troy, that was a great time for your first attempt, well done!!Clap

I wish you a speedy recovery!!!

?

And whats thatEmbarrassed

?

Thanks...def wont be back I can tell you that much...way to much work...unless I get more gears somehowConfused

Still trying to figure it out myself...

if you find out first let me know!

what motivates you to pull that extra wheel along, the extra kg's and the sail on the back?