This morning on 702

Thug

Slowpoke the point is in a lot of instances's people react differently on the spot to than to what they would have done after thinking it over. I agree there are 2 side and most times the truth lies somewhere in between but had i been 1 of those cyclists and event did occur as trapped suggests then my reaction would have been the same as his.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One question' date=' WAS/IS THIS LADY A "PDI"?

?

John Robbie can be very biased at times.
[/quote']

No, from what i know the lady wasn't.

This sounds incredibly similar to an incident that happened to the Astana team in August (here in bike friendly <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Holland!).  The guys were warming up before the prologue and a motorist came past them shouting at them.  One of the Astana guys rides up the car and asks the guy what he?s doing.  He stops the car, hits the guy in the face and kicks his bike to bits.  The rest of the Astana guys just watch whilst this happens. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Asked why they just stood there Koen de Kort replied: ?Listen I could see the newspaper headings already: Astana beats up 62-year old man?!!!!

Sometimes, you just can?t win.

willehond - that is my point - by reacting hte way they did this woman will always think she was in the right AND many other peeps will agree with her and everything is just worse.

I recall last year in the Bedforview area where a 65 yr old man was assaulted by a bunch of cyclist's, depending on who you believe the man was either a frail frightened old man OR a tough as nails ex special forces guy who made Vernon Koekemeoer cringe.

Secondly: You say

When you know a specific detective at a

specific police station you will be afforded prompt service and all the

benefit of doubt in the world.

The incident was in Weltevreden Park, which falls under Honedew Police station. Is the statement above, the reason you went to Fairlands?

This area actually falls under fairlands. I live in lemendoring street, so this was literally up my street

I spoke to Fairlands police station ( I like facts before I post) 011 478-9413, and they said Veltevreden Park doesn't fall under them, but Honeydew. I live in Bromhof, Randburg and Linden police stations are closer to me, but I fall under Honeydew. It's not always the closer police station...

Trapped' date=' my only question is why, when you saw that she was a rabid bitch, did you not just take her registration number and wait or her to leave and then continue on your way then go report her?

[/quote']

OK....no.

You mentioned this in a previous post.......

And I cannot, for ONE second, think that any SANE person in SA still believes in this concept??????  Slowy...... you need to catch a SERIOUS FAST WAKEUP!!!!!

How many reports?

How many murder cases hourly?

How many DAILY, HOURLY incidents out on the road??

I make a point to count the number of lawless incident while out training every day.

I have not yet been able to go through a ride and NOT reach 20.

Yellow lane driving behind me, hooting.

Skipping traffic lights. 

Skipping stop signs.

Stopping in the middle of the road

Don't get me started on the indicators!!

Worn tyres

No lights

Etc...etc...blah...blah....

That is 20 reports EVERY DAY.

Report to who?

"Eish......was someone hurt......?"

No

"Jo...Jo....Jo.....were are your eyes wittesnesses?"....

Only one.

Eish......maybe if no one was hurt we could concentrate on murder and rape....?

You get the picture Slowpoke??

If you still think reporting is going to help, I'll PM you every day with my 30 reports and YOU can go through the SHLEP!!!!!

Me.....I just smile and wave......SMILE AND WAVE.......(WIf a special like wave......."Here's your sign"......)

Spinnekop2008-10-21 05:53:05

I recall last year in the Bedforview area where a 65 yr old man was assaulted by a bunch of cyclist's' date=' depending on who you believe the man was either a frail frightened old man OR a tough as nails ex special forces guy who made Vernon Koekemeoer cringe. [/quote']

no one makes vern cringe.

ps, i think it was mud dee who described it as "wwe, but with skinny dudes". he wasn't there himself, but i preferred his version of events.

Spidy, I tend to agree that the roads are lawless.  On my commute which is only 13km one way, I count on average 5-10 traffic violations daily.  The most worrying thing is there is no INTENT on the side of the offender.  They either do not register what they are doing, or even worse don't think it is wrong.  That mixed with the attitude that the roads are  there only for motorcars (check LOon's eariler postings for more on that) makes the roads very dangerous.

Favourite disasters for this month alone:

A diplomat flies past me just in front of SADIC and turns left into Pikkewyn without indicating.  For the guys who know the area, the guy on the corner waters his lawn in the morning and the road is always wet there (A Vuka was destroyed in a similar incident a few months ago on the precise stop.

ON the corner of Lynwood and Duncan, at the intersection infront of FPC (Brooklyn) there is a right turn arrow from lynwood into Duncan.  Unfortunately, many motorists ignore the red light and jump it often into cyclists and buses.

Duncan and Churchinto Church, there is a left turn option lane, however cars treat it as a forced left turn and often speed down there cutting off and accross cyclists.

Speeding on Klapperkop- constantly.

and those are just some of the danger areas.

Spinnekop, you have a valid point, I agree. The thing is, I doubt you would still be alive today if you went around taking out 20 car keys a day (although it would be good for trainingClown)

These guys know an investigator so they could've reported it without going that far. They did report it anyway! My point is, if you are not going to report it, back off and, as you say "here's your sign". If you are going to report it, back off and then report it. They might have a case against the woman for reckless driving, but she's got a case of theft (or whatever, for taking her keys) against them. They could come off second best out of this whole affair, even if they were initialy the innocent party.

Let me get out of my glass house quick... As Scotty says, I don't know what I wouldh've done as I know I get very agro when something is done to me. I don't have the guts to tell someone they are littering, when I see it, but then again my life is not in danger when someone litters...

spinnekop - so you're saying to rather aggravate the situation - what the F does that achieve???? other than P-ing more people off.

here's your friggin sign!

who the F do you think this woman is going to take her behaviour (now, in her opinion justified) out on next? another cyclist... this time most likely alone... in that area - so here's something for you to chew on... if/when MichH gets hit by a red citi golf what the F are you gonna do????? yes... that's right... my friend happens to live in that area. i would much rather that there are no justifiably P-ed off drivers in her area.

CATCH A WAKE UP = VIOLENCE BEGETS VIOLENCE - DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS - EVEN IF THEY ARE IN CARS DRIVING AROUND YOU. AND DEFINITELY DO NOT GIVE THEM FURTHER CAUSE TO BEHAVE IN THEIR STUPID WAYS.