Getting Back into things

Grapkas

My hubby has been off the bike now for 9 weeks.  He had Glandular Fever caused by the Epstein Barr virus. We got his blood tests back this morning and he is 100% and good to go! How would be the best way to start off again! I am sure very slow and not with the club!! What do you guys think? The trainer?

A friend had that and it takes a long time to get back from it, I will see if he can tell me what he did?

Grappies.

Ja, bly maar weg van die klubrides.  Kry hom net op die fiets.  Big Blade is UIT!!  Ure in die saal is in.

Hy sal moet stadig begin.
Gesels met Jaco Ferreira.  Die laaitie weet wat hy doen en sal hom help om terug te kom waar hy was....en beter....

Spidey, die amazing ding is hy het op jaco se program geoefen terwyl hy nie eers geweet het hy was siek nie en hy was noggal sterk so ek kan net dink wat sal gebeur as hy gesond is en hy oefen op sy program!!

well this year cam back stronge,  good placing in CT summer leauge, finished giro and race in belgium for 3months.  So guess i ok.  When i had it last year I started to train too hard too soon and had to spend some more months of the bike. Tip.  Take it very very easy at 1st!!

Grapkas I have battled this year with the same thing. Just be careful as the virus is inclined to sit in the liver and come out every time you push yourself.

The training I subscribe is he can slowly build distance but rather stay on the small chain and stay in LSD, which for me is below HR 155. Try avoid reaching lactate threshold, once I hit that I used to get sick again and end up in bed.

Slowly build and very slowly take your HR a little higher. Once he is feeling good (at least one to two months later) he can try intervals. Start at taking HR to lactate threshold for just 30secs and build from there. I used to feel maxed out above 155, then you know you not ready.  

Hope this helps and tell him to just enjoy the time on the bike and try not let it get mentally to you.

Good LuckThumbs%20Up

I think Jaco Venter also had it and Erica Green very ably assisted in nursing him back.Was a very long and dificult haul back to fitness.

You can PM me for her cell nr.Could be worth the call.

Best of luck.