Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahhhh we having ourselves a cool trip down memory lane with some of these tunes.

@wyatt what of the smiths do you have on vinyl?

Loving this

Twas just what i found in my random song stash. Lekker tunes...

You said earlier, great music before your time.

I will take a bet that you nor most people weren't even aware of the greatest happening in music since the past almost 20 years.

Think of songs so old that our grandparents might not have been born yet, or perhaps our great grand parents were teens when this music was popular.

Now lets take a few steps forward and see what happened when Fidel Castro took over Cuba with a communist dictatorship.

Suddenly this music becomes lost to the world, it disappears in to obscurity and it's music makers ,composers and singers become but a distant memory.

Now let's fast forward again, to when a musical talent by the name of Ry Cooder steps in to the world.

A man with compassion for people, a man that let's music cross all borders, his more recent album Chavéz Ravine which tells the story of Dodger stadium and how that ground was home to Mexican-Americans and how they were forced off their land.

Now let's rewind a bit, and go back to Cuba, where Cooder steps in and finds the greats of Ibrahim Ferrer, Compay Segundo and Rubén González, he makes a documentary about the great music which was once popular to the world but became forgotten, the traditional songs which means the same to the Cubans as Sarie Marais and Ry Perd are to us.

He then does the unthinkable, the disallowed and prohibited music and it's musicians he introduces to the world.

It was told that Ibrahim Ferrer sobbed like a baby when he saw Carnegie Hall for the first time in his life at the age of 73 (I could be under correction about the exact age)

Ferrer passed away in 2005 and his wife followed him the same year in death.

What you have here ED, is the greatest musical happening since you were born, get the movie and watch it, be spellbound and be amazed.

Wyatt out (sorry if I dragged you all in to the pit of boredom)

Ibrahim at Carnegie Hall.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27QccXgUtpw