Song of the day, add your current favourite....

SwissVan

• Replies 11k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Great band this :thumbup:

Agree 100% .... I'm still kicking myself for missing them when they toured SA. I can only wish that they decide to head this way again.

Agree 100% .... I'm still kicking myself for missing them when they toured SA. I can only wish that they decide to head this way again.

For sure, also Dave Gahan has become a bit of a "bad boy" and really belts it out nowadays.

Black Celebration is still a top album for me.

a friend of mine was saying that Highveld sorta dropped a hint that they're coming through 2014.

a friend of mine was saying that Highveld sorta dropped a hint that they're coming through 2014.

not sure I would go ...i like them...but not that much.

not sure I would go ...i like them...but not that much.

I got to see them when they were last here, I unashamedly own the fact that when they wheeled the grand piano onto the stage, and Martin Gore started singing somebody - I cried .

it was beautiful.

I'm not too fond of their new stuff must say - but Dave is so yummy :w00t:

Edited by Uni

I got to see them when they were last here, I unashamedly own the fact that when they wheeled the grand piano onto the stage, and Martin Gore started singing somebody - I cried .

it was beautiful.

I'm not too fond of their new stuff must say - but Dave is so yummy :w00t:

Ones of those bands I never really got into...I have a copy of Speak and spell and that Ghastly Construction time again. I recall winning a copy of violator and giving it away :blush:

Ones of those bands I never really got into...I have a copy of Speak and spell and that Ghastly Construction time again. I recall winning a copy of violator and giving it away :blush:

Early Depeche Mode is nowhere near their middle years.

For sure, also Dave Gahan has become a bit of a "bad boy" and really belts it out nowadays.

Black Celebration is still a top album for me.

Watching their latest live concerts I am still amazed at how much Dave Gahan does still *belt* it out. He really is a great singer IMO. I must admit I'm not a huge fan of the songs where Martin Gore does main vocals. Although he sings well, it's not a Depeche Mode sounding song for me. His solo project, the Counterfeit EP is brilliant, as is Alan Wilder's Recoil project.

I'd love for Alan Wilder to rejoin them as I think they did their best stuff with him involved.

I still have all their albums up to Violator on vinyl. Construction Time is still one of my favourites :thumbup: