Astana

TheLegend

they got their liscence yesterday.

anybody noticed?

or is How do you chatto/meet cyclist ladies taking all your attention?

they got their liscence yesterday.

anybody noticed?

or is How do you chatto/meet cyclist ladies taking all your attention?

There is clearly a great need on this topicTongue

I know!!!!!!! lots of lonely cyclists out there ..... clearly.

I think we should set up a ride for all these people, the requirements are simple. bring your bike, show up naked and bring beer!!!LOL

Back to the topic...I think it was a mere formality to get the licence. With all the big names in that team, theres just no way they could deny them a licence. Good for cycling in general.Thumbs%20Up

Uuuum back to the subject - beer and lonely hearts club is elsewhere.!

I didnt notice as I have been so busy at work, so its good news all round.

But, at the end of the day the UCI had no real choice to grant them a lisence, the major tours would have given them a wild card and all the major classics would have wanted them to compete, sooooo, dos this really signify the virtual end of the pro tour?? it would seem so, the financial strength and the spectator pulling power of the major tours have have once again shown who really runs the financial side of the sport - and in the end this is a businss like any other.

As mentioned the big tour organisers have all the power, and dont need to rely on UCI involvement. This could quite easily be the end of the pro tours.

Yup, I agree.

I think its not the "PRO -TOUR" as such which has got under the organisers nose but the manner in which the UCI have bull headedly driven it without regard for the interests and concerns of the organisers of the major tours.

Its not surprizing though, bureaucratic operations like the UCI, who are, oddly enough, in part funded by the very organisers, races and events they seek to dictate and control, have generally, lost contact with reality and see themselves as all powerfull and untouchable - an image they are learning the hard way, is simply not true.

I think the Pro-tour is finished in all but name.! 

I think the Pro-Tour was a good idea badly implemented, with the UCI trying to flex their muscles over the major tours, only to be met by resistance.

The Pro-Tour does ensure that some of the smaller races are well attended by the top pro teams, and that these races are competitive and draw the crowds, and ultimately the TV money.