Elite Riders on the Hub

gasant112

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The best of the best only servive....again but what after Pro...what do they do? Am I right in saying that age 31- 34 would be considered as Retirement age ?

What we need in SA is a proper development program for cycling and the support of our Country. I have heard that some Countries has a huge budget for this sort of things..I still believe we have a huge amount of tallent in this country..they just need the Proper support..

Since I started I have introduces so much people to this sport ...it is growing at a very fast pace...

It is indeed but without spectatorship it will continue to wallow in the mud and be left out in the cold in lieu of the big 3.

Every pro that retires either opens a bike or coffee shop and if they are lucky they get to work for their sponsor or become a bike rep.

Which is sad....I come from a Swimming back ground...

There is so much happening regarding Development of this sport ..they basically have people hunting and looking for fresh talent and you have those ones who is purely responsible for Development...So much are being done regarding this ...... I have not seen much action though re: what I am talking about..prob.. because I am fairly new to the sport..

What do you pro's feel

I got a pro roadie friend (yes I do have friends) and the poor oke really battles financially and then he works himself into the ground everyday for the love of the sport !Confused But wait thats not all , then you get your @#sswipe big shots sniffing treegum and whatever else spoiling it for our "small time " pro's .

Any normal working man or women would say the same thing pay me a decent wage and I will work my ass off...so I would figure pay the cyclist decent salary and the sponsors would be garenteed better results...the math is so easy...

More Money !

Development is a joke....goverment see development as licking @ss to people who did not have an oppertunity to do cycling for example. You cannot force some to do the sport. They just want the free coke, t-shirt and pie, then they bugger off and never see them.

They must come out of free will to do the sport. Hold a development at a venue and who pitch up to be helped/developed will grow. I know of people who tried DEVELOPMENT.....drive to the people asked them very nicely to participate, give them bikes. Nothing came from this development and being said we do not try hard enough. You can bring a horse to the water but cannot make it drink. The word development makes me sick....Cry

If I look for example at Garth Thomas....he got some talent but he still had to make an effort to get somewhere.

Any normal working man or women would say the same thing pay me a decent wage and I will work my ass off...so I would figure pay the cyclist decent salary and the sponsors would be garenteed better results...the math is so easy...

More Money !

Well no not really, because a salary also needs to be market related. The market in this country is low, so what the few guys getting bucks are getting is reasonable in relation to the market. Why would the sponsors (employers) pay more when they don't need to? If a "pro" rider steps down there are many that will fight for that same badly paid position, quite strange really.

One very important factor and I personally feel has a huge amount of weighting to the childs sucess in the sport is the support the parent gives and who makes a effort.. 

TT ...AGREE ...I have heard the same argument going on at my current Job

Sorry we could not pay you more because you are in line with the Market...

Its a blady hard sport....bro Confused 

Yip employers are the same everywhere, they don't pay you what you're worth they pay you as little as they can get away with. Unless you can find a better employer that is.

Ya, like my collegue, now that he's leaving the company, they wanna give like a R3-5k counter offer, and he told them to stuff it...

Ya' date=' like my collegue, now that he's leaving the company, they wanna give like a R3-5k counter offer, and he told them to stuff it...[/quote']

So cervelo doesthat mean that since you're staying at your job that either;

a) You were paid 3-5k more than your colleague ?

b) Nobody wants you.    smiley19.gif

smiley1.gif smiley2.gif

its between those 2 - actually I'm going for an interview next week....Big%20smile so ya, hopefully the company loose 3 staff in Jan/Feb...

Hopefully ? You must love that place !

Hope your boss isn't checking out this thread.