Alberton _ JHB South Riders

Slave

• Replies 9.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shall I drop it off tonight squire ;)

That will do nicely thank you sir. Shall I get you the kids address?

The Marshals will be in full force Saturday morning in the Alberton Area. Give us a wave when u see us...

Guest agteros

Anybody looking for an entry for the short Wilro? 42km... nothing more than 1:15 max of hard cycling

Are you on Winter start times ?

Hey ShawnA. Nice to see you again. It's been a looooooong time. :)

Anybody looking for an entry for the short Wilro? 42km... nothing more than 1:15 max of hard cycling

Hey Ox. Pity I didn't know about this sooner. I was in your neck of the woods earlier and could have picked up the entry from you. :(

Then got a lift with the kid on the offer of a wheel to sit on for a few k's. :)

The Helivac Marshals opted to withdraw on Saturday morning due to safety concerns. Hope we are forgiven.. :rolleyes:

Will you guys please let us know when the time change from 07:00 to 07:30???

Jasper, I doubt there were anyone out there on saturday. If there was, then they surely don't have a life, or maybe they are ducks :)

Normally the times change in May, but who knows with this funny weather. But we will keep ears to the ground and let all know the moment we hear anything.

Fortunately the rain stayed away at Wilro yesterday!!

Well done young man and congrats on being our international rider on this thread.

Nuts I tell you, NUTS. :o To go all that way to get shaken about. Dude, you could have just got into a local taxi for about 1/100000th of the price and got just as shaken up. :P

Thanks Slave. It was an awesome experience. There is a link to a video my new American friend made on my fb page.

Hey Kid, not so muchof noise around here.Some of the older folk are trying to get some sleep. :angry:

So now that you have woken me up, talking about secret training, I was thinking of a variation of a route we used to do a while back. Not too sure what the distance would be but I'm sure the behind / backward Ox would be able to work it out for us.

Plan it to meet at either the "vlei" or "broken city". Ride out and do the cheese factory loop, (R82 to R557, left on Joan Aveue, instead of turning left to go back up the steps, we continue on turning left at the T junction (Back onto the R557) and past the western boundary of SBR, turn right (onto R551) and head up towards Henley and Meyerton. Instead of turning right and going via Henley, we carry on along what become "Verwoerd Road" Meyerton, turn right on Mimosa, left into Japonica through Golf Park. Straight on to Corrie Peypers and then right on Meyer up to Springbok, turn right again and head back home that way. (Will take us past the circus and up the steps.)

I think it would be a good training ride for the DC team. Open to all who would like to take part as a hub ride though.

When? :unsure:

Who?

So how's that sound for some secreet training Kid. Only secret training I been doing has been a lot of walking. (jog, walk, trot in prep to begin running again. Still need to find some time to swim but eish, it's getting a bit cold lately.)

That route sounds good. I believe a ride is planned for early May. Perhaps we could do this route if it is longer than 130km.

Thanks Slave. It was an awesome experience. There is a link to a video my new American friend made on my fb page.

That route sounds good. I believe a ride is planned for early May. Perhaps we could do this route if it is longer than 130km.

As much as I panned the route, and want to do it, I have some issues I need to attend to this weekend. (I have a pending exam coming up and HAVE to study some mind numbingly boring legislative notes for the exam. I will have to spend my weekend at the office. :( Upside, I get to commute. :)

As much as I panned the route, and want to do it, I have some issues I need to attend to this weekend. (I have a pending exam coming up and HAVE to study some mind numbingly boring legislative notes for the exam. I will have to spend my weekend at the office. :( Upside, I get to commute. :)

This weekend being the easter weekend or this weekend meaning the early May weekend? Do you need the blue child's glasses? :lol:

Best of luck for the exam!

Technically, this weekend kind of means this weekend,the easter weekend, the weekend after and just about every weekend for the next few months, right up to the exam. :angry:

It is an exam I have to pass as well. Failure is not an option. :(

Technically, this weekend kind of means this weekend,the easter weekend, the weekend after and just about every weekend for the next few months, right up to the exam. :angry:

It is an exam I have to pass as well. Failure is not an option. :(

Just hope that when you pass this exam your future lights up drastically.

Last time I thought my future was looking brighter was when the express train was coming down the tunnel towards me. As I thought it was the end of the tunnel in sight, I didn't bother to get off the rails. :(

Archived