Equinox carbon wheels

spano

anyone ride them?

how are they?

heard from someone they flex quite a bit?

thinking of maybe getting a set...

They look nice and the price is cheap but I don't think they're built as well as some of the competing brands. I know a few Equinox wheel riders and I don't hear them raving about their wheels.

Still, if you're on a budget and have your heart set on carbon rims, there are not too many options besides Equinox.

For around the same price as Equinox you can get a set of A Class San Remo - excellent wheel, I think I am possible the only guy in Sa riding em as I have never seen them before on any other bike and they are brilliant

20081121_025341_SANREMO.jpg

Im planning to buy a set of the PlanetX tubulars soon as they really do seem good value for money.

Any idea why the clincher is sooo much more expensive?

Making the hook bead in full carbon is really tricky to do. There is a huge amount of side wall pressure from the tube that a tubular doesn't have to contend with because the tubular casing looks after that. Then there is heat build up which has to be dissipated to prevent a possible blow-out under heavy braking. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

That's why a lot of manufacturers chicken out and bond on an alloy rim.

The pay-off of an all carbon clincher is that you are looking at 100grams per rim lighter than the equivalent alloy rim.

what would you guys think...

I have a set of fulcrum racing 1 wheels

(my only wheels, no training wheels)

is it worth the money to get some carbon tubbies?

something like the equinox or the planet-x ones?

yeah,, well I use them for training and racing now.

is it beter to get tubbies and train of the fulcrums, or buy cheap training wheels?

Rather get a cheap set of training rims that are heavy as hell

is it necessary to have a set?

why not keep on using the fulcrums for training and racing,or will their life significantly reduce?