Advise Required

nikki

I've heard that too much greasing of your Shpongle can affect the performance of your quick-release...

Yeah, i heard if you grease too often then your quick release takes longer to kick in....But I also heard female riders like it when the quick relaease takes longerWink

But should you grease the nuts on your skewer? I find if you dont the skewer gets stuck, wich can lead to some problems when you need to remove it quickly.

But should you grease the nuts on your skewer? I find if you dont the skewer gets stuck' date=' wich can lead to some problems when you need to remove it quickly.

[/quote']

Are you sure you are using grease then and not Lock-tite..?

hey nikki, after those replies would be interesting to hear how to maintain your "bottom bracket" LOL

Should skewers be lightly greased or should they be dry?

Personally I lightly grease mine - but that's me.

At the coast and during the rainy season, it makes sense to keep the skewer lightly (very lightly) greased in order to prevent rust. Grease on the skewer would perform no function other than that.

Someone asked another equally valid question: should axles be greased.

I come across many axles with blobs and smears of grease where grease clearly does nothing. An axle wont rust in the middle of the hub where no water enters so please think of the poor sod that has to work on that thing next time and spare the grease - no grease on axles.