Shocking behaviour from Durbell at DC

FanieFiets

Also I find it unfair that club 100 got 4th position if neotel cheated. These guys do take it a bit more serious. It like someone starting the 100 m dash at the 90 m mark. Surely it would not be tolerated.

Hedrik S' date=' I urge you to submit the evidence to PPA and club 100.

Apart from that i'm not anry at all. Wink  Still a flippen lekker 'race'.
[/quote']

What..... did Neotel do anything to gain 18 secs that they should not have done? FF what are you telling meShocked

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm still annoyed at Club 100 riders who had issues with me sitting behind them after I got my one puncture fixed. Decided to let them be out of respect for Doney, Zippit and willpower in the bunch and rode with a social group, slow as they were Smile

Luckyly it is a little cockup in the Cape and does not affect real racing.

?

lemme guess... your some old fat ballie who maybe came 4th in?a race 10 years ago and walk around thinking the world owes you a favour.

?

shame.. how pathetic

And probably four feet under . . .

Should only be allowed following vehicles if the driver has a csa managers licence. Not just anybody can follow a race/ team and act as back up.

Oh silly me this is a ppa event so they will not recognise csa licences.
David #72008-11-23 12:38:23

Well 1 of the club 100 riders held onto another teams support vehicle and dragged back to his mate once he was dropped. It doesnt matter thou cause he was dropped and out the race.

These things happen but what pissed me off were the punctures we got I would rather have PPA sweep the course the night beforeWink

I do think they need to allow the racing teams to follw their teams for the complete event we lost around 5-7min in montague waiting for a car to bring a wheel and the same before Op Tradouws.

we lost 4 guys with punctures.....NOT NICE!!! The racing teams should start first then they will have an open road...no traffic and lead vehicle can follow....THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!!Clap

I was really appauled at the amount of littering on the road, especially taking into consideration that the riders have the opportunity to get rid of their rubbish along the route when they stop for backup along the route.

Also very shocked at the fact that only two riders from Neotell had the decency to pitch up at the prize giving ceremony.

As for the Cyclelab jnr's, I can vouch for two incidents involving a motorcycle.

- 1st the one youngster had a bit of motor pacing behind a motorcycle.

- Then the other youngster rode up to the motorcycles and proceeded to grap a drink from of a bottle handed to him by the motorcycle.

What made it even worse, was the fact that he did this in the middle of the road and caused our bunch to have to take evasive action not to ride into the back of him.

Just do it our way' date='no backup vehicle for 165kmAngry [/quote']

now why would you guys do something like that??Shocked

you looked pretty good when you went over op de tradouw, did you guys had a good ride?

Our vehicle was so busy helping other teams by the time they got to montague we were already thru.1st pitstop was Ashton garage for waterDead

Note to self-6 guys at 50km mark is not enough

I saw people chucking Gu packets away on Tradow as if they were banana peels. I tuned the oke something awful but he just kept on going. After I fixed my flat (also on Tradouw) and got going again passing groups, someone shouted at me, "I hate you f**cking skinny okes!". I just kept going.

Before Montague a guy on a MTB came pass me, being pulled with a tube tied to the back of a motorbike...

Guest colonel

Well if its any consolation TitusTi ripped me a new 1 and I never spoke to any of my team for about a solid 40km from about 130km-170km as my mood was really lost and then when my clock said 204km I was like thank heavens 1k left I see 5km board......once again they knew not to talk to me.

Well if its any consolation TitusTi ripped me a new 1 and I never spoke to any of my team for about a solid 40km from about 130km-170km as my mood was really lost and then when my clock said 204km I was like thank heavens 1k left I see 5km board......once again they knew not to talk to me.
Sorry about telling the Afrikaans jokes during that time LOL For my sins I blew a tyre (snake bite in a pothole) and colonel could ride in relative peaceBig%20smile

Guest colonel

Ya boet that also didnt go down to well with me or when Christian tried to brighten my day and tell me my bike looks like nice with Deepsections.

HAHAHAHAHAHA I was seriously not happy with life those km's.

BUT

The best was Krieks comment to us: "Im in a dark place right now"!!!

ja' date=' it is the stork guy, but rides trek now.

maybe there should be a racing cat. They start first and support vehicles are allowed to follow. The fun cat's support vehicles are only allowed at the designated areas.  200 Support vehicles will not work.
[/quote']

theres an idea...

so do we let the top 10 teams all have 100% follow support?

jip, the top teams then have all the support they need, they can be properly marshalled as they are together and the race under the same conditions, support vehicles dont have to pass slower groups.

And about that 18 seconds.....look earlier in the post, Hendrik S says that he has evidence.

Heheh classic...it's a pity I missed it due to the bane of my cycling life...punctures...(hence no road riding season for a long while) but still finished, felt fine and in high spirits..