Why do we hate the dopers?

blingking

Found an interesting letter written to the editor which really grips on one of the things that I really hate about those that dope. The reader was writing in to the editor about why he thinks Ivan Basso should not allowed back into the peleton... It goes:

My biggest issue with Basso is that (just like Virenque) he denied, denied and lied. Blatantly. He lied to his team of the time (CSC). He lied to the press and his fans. He lied to Johan Bruyneel to secure another contract. All the time smirking, smiling, and bemoaning the injustice of the accusations against him - accepting no responsibility.

Whaddya think?

It is an integrity issue.

Lie and cheat.

Hurting others, absolutely, anyone who doesnt dope is hurt.

Unfair advantage.....

Same as fraud in our work. And we would end up in jail for that......

In essence it is fraud, they are stealing someone elses prixe money, sponsorship etc. by cheating. Lets jail them!!!!!

Jail will work....

A ban of 2 years is nothing when you have already made a million euro's from previous seasons.

If you outlaw it perhaps it will stop. Some will still take a chance and get caught but I think majority will stop. But then again you gop to jail for many years for trafficking Cocaine yet many people still do it.

Perhaps its human nature to strive to be the best at all costs.
Chunky2008-11-27 14:24:45

It is an integrity issue.

Lie and cheat.

Hurting others' date=' absolutely, anyone who doesnt dope is hurt.

Unfair advantage.....

Same as fraud in our work. And we would end up in jail for that......

In essence it is fraud, they are stealing someone elses prixe money, sponsorship etc. by cheating. Lets jail them!!!!!
[/quote']

I thinks its more than just this. We all know how hard it is to reach a goal we set ourselves whether its at an elite racing level or simply not getting dropped by a sunday morning bunch ride.

To have some cheat to achieve what we have worked so hard for is like pissing on all our efforts.

Finding out Kohl had cheated to win the KOM in this years TDF was really dissapointing. What a lot of support and enthusiasm wasted on a cheater.

I don't hate doper and more or less then all other cyclist (the ones that jump lights and stop streets, take up half the road etc.) that gives me a bad name.

He lied to Johan Bruyneel to secure another contract.
Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!! What a laugh What a joke!!!!!

Johan Bruyneel knew EXACTLY what was going on... at all times!!!!

Leave them all alone.... It's always been going on, and it always will... accept it as a part of pro cycling and move on with your tiddlywink existence.

who hates the dopers? I dont hate them...

i hate the fact that they all lie about it. but i still think they're awesome cyclists. doped or not