The Engen to Engen Classic this morning

narra

OK - so its a BIG ride in terms of numbers?

Yes can be a big ride. Has everything, hills and some very fast flats,

not as flat as riding the circuit at the beach front. You get to mix it

up with Pro's and some damn good Vets. Saw Owen hannie hanging onto the

back of the ride on Tuesday, the day Andrew decided to bring "a healthy

dose of pain" to the ride!

OK - so its a BIG ride in terms of numbers?

Yes can be a big ride. Has everything' date=' hills and some very fast flats, not as flat as riding the circuit at the beach front. You get to mix it up with Pro's and some damn good Vets. Saw Owen hannie hanging onto the back of the ride on Tuesday, the day Andrew decided to bring "a healthy dose of pain" to the ride!
[/quote']

The beach front circuit is as flat as a pancake! A bit chaotic now because its easy to for anyone to hang on to the fast guys on such a flat route. The groups get really big on a Thurdsday.

IvenS - to get to the beachfront you need to come downhill out of D/North or the Berea area so a least you have a uphill on the way home.

Was up in Richards bay last week and did the 5am ride with the boys up there - pure speed work with 100m ascent in 35km - now that is flatter than a pancake

IvenS - to get to the beachfront you need to come downhill out of D/North or the Berea area so a least you have a uphill on the way home.

Was up in Richards bay last week and did the 5am ride with the boys up there - pure speed work with 100m ascent in 35km - now that is flatter than a pancake

We normally come down from Westville so we go home via the M19.

AfreekduSoet, actually it is Craig Avon, but most of the people know where Fourways Mall is. How late do you leave home ? Did you ride on Thursday ? I saw somebody coming from that area as i was crossing on the bridge over Whilliam Nicol on Witkoppen. I then passed the guy just before CycleLab ?

Sort of  Cool Was supposed to do the IM last year, but my second one was born in Jan and training went for a ball of grass. I am still running Clap But I am trying to put more time into my cycling, it is not yet winter Confused We must try to do some rides together on Sat or Sun days.

ave speed of the ride tueday's / thursday's is anything from 33 to 35 km/h with "stops" depending on the group you ride with.

starting to think that these rides are getting a bit dangerous with the numbers turning up.

(narra - if you can stick with the front guys going up jan smuts it is a good indication of what it is like to race licensed vets!)

fatty - are we seeing you there later this week?