fizik QA

Opel OPC

hi

need some info for the Hubber techies

I am confused with 2 saddles from Fizik the Aliante or Arione

Which is better or more recommended?

And i have noticed a increase in the last 6 months on the prices of these saddles, i this just me or have the local shops gone crazy.

I mean it is far more cost effective to import than to buy locally any more, very sad.

Both are being used. I did not like the Arione but love my Aliante. Wish I could afford a XC one. They are actually more expensive then Ariones.

If you want a Arione, talk to Kiwi. Planet-X makes one that is similar and 10th of the price.

Mampara2008-12-03 04:05:44

thisis a tough choice.

I have used both and I prefer the Aliante but the Arione is also wonderful.

I use the Arione on my Road and XC bikes.

My balck diamond trail bike has the Aliante

i dont know, i mean i have been battling with saddles for the last 6 months.

Im not the lightest person but does your rear really have to feel like a truck hit it every time.

so any other suggestion on saddles??

at the moment i am leaning towards the Aliante

You basically get two shapes of saddles, the flat one and the curfy "spoon" one. With the flat one you can easely adjust your riding position but with the spoon one you need to dial it in perfectly and you only have the one position. I would suggest try a Aliante. You do get the cheaper ones that comes of Raleighs. They are the same shape as the more expensive ones just not as light. I think Linden actually has one on lend.

Both are being used. I did not like the Arione but love my Aliante. Wish I could afford a XC one. They are actually more expensive then Ariones.

If you want a Arione' date=' talk to Kiwi. Planet-X makes one that is similar and 10th of the price.

[/quote']

I bought one of the Planet X saddles, for the price (under R300) I thought that if it was rubbish, I would get rid of it and it would be no great loss. It turned out to be a great saddle very simmilar in proportions to my Gobi and the Arione. I did the DC within about 3 weeks of getting the saddle and had a comforable ride. I would recomend the Planet X seat, 100 times over before spending R2000 plus on a Fizik.

less than R300 that sounds good

Foe Fighter life span on the saddle how have you found it to be, do you think it would last or start saging after a while?  

would be intrested to know if anybody else is using these saddles and what they think?
Opel OPC2008-12-03 04:51:49

I just bought an Aliante for my tandem and was very impressed with it...not as hard as my Sella italia SLR gel flow and vry comfortable. I'm thinking of replacing my Sella on my raod bike with an Aliante.

You can't just buy a saddle that looks nice. Rather go to LBS to measure your bum bone by sitting on foam. If the bum bone is 130mm, then choose 130mm wide saddle.

You can't just buy a saddle that looks nice. Rather go to LBS to measure your bum bone by sitting on foam. If the bum bone is 130mm' date=' then choose 130mm wide saddle. [/quote']

To be honest i can agree with your analogy there but in personal experience i cant comprehend buying a saddle to those specs

i rode with a specialized toupe and another specialized saddle with more padding that were supposed to be exactly the right width for my A$$, but i had to stand most of my ride because the width was just not right

i eventually went back to my old selle italia flite and i have not had a problem since and all i really did was buy the flite because i liked the look of the front piece!!!

Saddles, shorts, shoes ... all very personal, and in most cases a matter of trial an error ... and inevitably a very costly affair.

Good luck.!

Thumbs%20Up

Fill me in too please:

Who / Where / What / etc........ is Planet X ... LOCAL BIKE SHOP, IMPORT EXPORT BIKER PEOPLE, A PERSON etc ..... ???? how & do I get in touch with them ??????

I need a new saddle - currently riding Fizik which is ......."TOO OLD"

"DTThumbs%20Up"

less than R300 that sounds good

Foe Fighter life span on the saddle how have you found it to be' date=' do you think it would last or start saging after a while?  

would be intrested to know if anybody else is using these saddles and what they think?
[/quote']

The construction looks good and solid, so I dont think it will sag, I am planning on buying a couple of spares early next year just in case it wears out. I have been riding it for about 2 1/2 months and it still looks brand new, in fact if I was selling it on the hub I would say that it was never used / still in origional box