Why should I pay ?

crashtestdummy

I managed to break my Mtb frame on the weekend, how I'm still not sure. For argument sake lets just assume that there no way taking the type of material and the place of the break that it is anything but a manufacturing problem.

I have been in contact with the SA agent and according to him I must pay to get the frame back to the manufacturer, WTF ? Why should I pay for their problems, what kind of industry is this ! Angry

I'm starting to see my Epic training going out the window.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

agree thats BULLSH.. !!!

their problem, they pay to fix it, so wherever they fix it, they must pay to get it there!

good luck man!

Oh now CTD! Is the frame so bad you can't train on it any more?? You still hvae the road bike thou?? so it's not soooo bad???

I donno about if it's right or not you paying for shipping - you gonna have to read the fine print on there site? But ja, it sucks!!! Have you found a bike yet for the RPC this weekend??? Velouria mentioned a 29'er???

You ride a Raleigh????Seriously what frame do you rideCan maybe hook you up with the agents

Listen here you ugly roadie I have broken 3 THREE Raleigh frames and got them all replaced within a week ! No stupid questions asked . smiley2.gif

I had a Look frame crack years ago, and the LBS also wanted R600 to cover shipping or something to get the new frame from somewhere. At the time I had to pay it, so I did. Thinking back I'm sure they ripped me off - cause I know what the owner is like.

You ride a Raleigh????Seriously what frame do you rideCan maybe hook you up with the agents

Listen here you ugly roadie I have broken 3 THREE Raleigh frames and got them all replaced within a week ! No stupid questions asked . smiley2.gif

Hey who you calling a roadieShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked  I only own a MTB nowClapClapClapClapClap

Same here.  Cracked the RC3000.  Raleigh replaced with no extra cost, but on my request I upgraded to a RC7000 frame for R1300.00.  Personally I think it was a bargain.

The frame is cracked right through, and thanks but it's not a Raleigh.  I have been asked not to mention the name of the bike but lets see how this pans out.

Marius I've managed to borrow a bike for the RPC so you're still gonna see me there !

I managed to break my Mtb frame on the weekend' date=' how I'm still not sure. For argument sake lets just assume that there no way taking the type of material and the place of the break that it is anything but a manufacturing problem.

I have been in contact with the SA agent and according to him I must pay to get the frame back to the manufacturer, WTF ? Why should I pay for their problems, what kind of industry is this ! Angry

I'm starting to see my Epic training going out the window.
[/quote']

Crashtestperson ??? Hope you dont use this name in your communications with the agentsLOL

Its usually a standard condition in the warranty documentation for any product that you pay the shipping costs if the product has to be returned to the original manufacturer. Some agents / manufacturers might waiver this depending on the reason of failure.

Hey who you calling a roadieShockedShockedShockedShockedShockedShocked  I only own a MTB nowClapClapClapClapClap

Los die ou man uit!!!!! Hy is net suurtiet omdat  hy 'n Fondriest ry wat in dieselfde fabiek as die Raleighs gemaak word....... of hy is dalk suurtiet omdat die runways daar in lapkop land toegesneeu is!!!!!!!! teee heeeeee!!!!!!!!

so you can never take part in a Shimano/Campy conversation ever again.

Thats nonsense, (we are ASSUMING here the frame is still within the warranty period - if not, well then yes, its your baby) if its still within the warranty then the cost of returning the frame to the manufacturer is borne by the importer - not you.

The cost of returning a new frame to you is borne by the manufacturer - not you either.

I have never heard of a warranty working any other way.

...........Out of warranty, you need to cough up, irrespective of weither YOU think its a manufacturing fault or not.

porky2008-12-19 06:16:51

Thats nonsense' date=' (we are ASSUMING here the frame is still within the warranty period - if not, well then yes, its your baby) if its still within the warranty then the cost of returning the frame to the manufacturer is borne by the importer - not you.

The cost of returning a new frame to you is borne by the manufacturer - not you either.

I have never heard of a warranty working any other way.

...........Out of warranty, you need to cough up, irrespective of weither YOU think its a manufacturing fault or not.

[/quote']

That may be true for some but not all, see google results below for bike frame warranties Embarrassed

That being said... with good negotiating skills / relationship with your LBS you could achieve that real 100% warranty that we all expect to have.

Cash/check payments are refunded and credit card transactions are credited to the original account within 30 days of receiving the merchandise back in new condition. Bicycles and bicycle componentry not returned in new like condition will be subject to a 20% restocking fee. Bicycles and bicycle componentry returned in a fashion deemed as un-resellable or severly abused are subject to no refund to the customer and the product will be returned to the customer at the customer?s expense. Frame purchases are limited to refund of product cost only and are not eligible refund of shipping costs. The cost of transportation to and from the manufacturer for repair or replacement of the frame is not covered by the warranty.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

3. Unless otherwise provided, the sole remedy under the above warranty or any implied warranty is limited to the replacement of defective parts with those of equal or greater value at the sole discretion of the manufacturer. You will be responsible for labor and shipping costs associated with warranty replacements.

* International customers who purchase an Intense frame or Intense parts may only warranty Intense parts/frames through the <?: prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />U.S.on> warranty department. The customer is responsible for all shipping costs involved in the process.

Does the warranty cover freight and labor costs?

Here?s the skinny on that:
1. The customer is responsible for shipping costs associated with sending the bike to Fuji for a warranty claim.
2. Fuji covers ground shipping back to the dealer (we don?t ship directly to consumers).
3. The customer is responsible for any labor charges incurred at the dealer.

As far as I'm concerned the agent/distributor/importer should cover all costs for shipping. Why else do we pay the high price for equipment?

When we challange them on their prices they tell us because we get warranties/gaurantees from them that that won't be covered when buying online. So where is this "service" that we pay for?

I have a had a few returns to local chain stores over the years, and I have never had to pay for shipping costs to have the items repaired/replaced. Why should cycling be any different?

They were replaced within a week or you cracked three frames within a week? LOL