Races not paying vets ladies prize money

FOURFEET

Would this help the ladies:

1: Ability seeding for all the ladies from senior to master in one bunch and payment for the top ten only, however the average over the race distance must be met by at least 7 out of the ten finishers EG( 100km race with an average of say 36kmph) There should be no classification of who is pro or not as the ladies want to be paid so they should perform for the payment.

Now please don't cry like the lady runners are doing and complain that so and so should give the young ones a chance to make some bucks. Typical example of Sonja Laxton running the hell out of the younger ladies which ASA then so fit to introduce categories and when Sonja still swept the boards ASA the restricted the winning to specific age categories hence this has weakened the lady racing to such an extent wecannot even remember when last a SA lady won comrades or Two Oceans. Sure Shaun can comment on this.

Ladies please up you game and gain the respect of the race organizers to take notice of your achievements and justly reward you then.It is going to be interesting watching our ladies compete this year and seeing what tactics they play out with all the movements and changes within the ladies ranks.MTN Nashua and DCM knocking one another around, can Taylorchick maintain her performance after she has found a new toy in Burry or will Chrissie want to end her career on a high after she proved her worth for MTN last season, what about the other ladies in the camp then you have the bunnies mixed with the ice maiden at Nashua who will through a spanner in the works every now and then with Andriette teaching Jo and Ann-li some tricks of the trade whilst the DCM crowd will be going all out to repay Andrew for his loyaltiy to their squad, Lynette is surely going to kick some butt this year and then don't discount the fact that the magical Cherry might be making a comeback to teach old and new a thing or two.

Ladies take your places and show us what you made off, good luck for the 2009 season.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, I wish I'd seen this thread earlier so I could have jumped on the band wagon.

Flippie, I have to fully agree with you here.

I work for a living and cycling is for fun and enjoyment, if you want to do it for money, race pro!!

Now WW is a lady who has a passion for bicycle and still mixes with the best, one wonders why? btw Denise you and PAuline doing the Panorama again this year( Pauline make sure there is no chain problems before you leave home)

Ooh' date=' I wish I'd seen this thread earlier so I could have jumped on the band wagon.

I work for a living and cycling is for fun and enjoyment, if you want to do it for money, race pro!!

[/quote']

oh oh ....  WW has spoken!

eeeeeeerrrrrrmmm, you going to post pics some time during the year again ?

say about july ? mid year christmas ? pls pls pls ?

What an emotional topic!! People sure get hot under the collar for a few bucks.

The best for me was the play on the "Turtlek" name - will never be able to think of it without laughing.

Vet ladies - just admit it, you will never be able to produce as exciting racing as the men. We are just not strong or fast enough and therefore don't count in the sponsors eyes. Learn to handle it gracefully - like old age!

Ooh' date=' I wish I'd seen this thread earlier so I could have jumped on the band wagon.

[/quote']

oh oh ....  WW has spoken!

eeeeeeerrrrrrmmm, you going to post pics some time during the year again ?

say about july ? mid year christmas ? pls pls pls ?

that pic may have been racy, but it had little to do with racing?although it did make some hubbers all hot and sweatyWink

bushie.....good post......

It sure is going to be fun to watch...........LOTS of teams.........tactics, violence, sex, drugs......

All makes for a good season.......

Thumbs%20Up

Hey ja DD.......how you doin'?  Big%20smile

Going to play with in da mountains?

Now WW is a lady who has a passion for bicycle and still mixes with the best' date=' one wonders why? btw Denise you and PAuline doing the Panorama again this year( Pauline make sure there is no chain problems before you leave home)

[/quote']

Ha ha ha...don't remind me of that disaster!!

I better start training...been a lazy bugger lately, but I'm hoping to do it but will be with a different partner...she's also strong so should be good fun again.

You??

Ok it seems we have reached consensus that-

Ladies over thirty should not be anywhere outside the kitchen

Only Elite cyclists are worthy of prize money.

Men cyclists over 30 are has beens and does not deserve prize money.

Juniors and younger are aspiring cyclists and also do not deserve prize money.

Cool.

Some okes still hang on to the back of the bunch!!!

Ok it seems we have reached consensus that-

Ladies over thirty should not be anywhere outside the kitchen

Only Elite cyclists are worthy of prize money.

Men cyclists over 30 are has beens and does not deserve prize money.

Juniors and younger are aspiring cyclists and also do not deserve prize money.

Cool.

Some okes still hang on to the back of the bunch!!!

That's one thing the hub aint short on - opinions. They're a dime a dozen and as varied as our little rainbow nation.

I have yet to see the words "you're right" posted here though LOL

Fourfeet......

People that wants to race......should race in racing bunches.......VA, VB, Vets Ladies, A, B, VV......they are not racing bunches.......we do it for the fun and personal gains.......we train hard, we reach our goals.......but it is not our profession and thus no money involved........

You want prize money.....go race.......your age is irrelevant as Cherry, Princess, Lange, Robert and Lance have showed in the past..........go race in the racing bunches.....they are called Elite men and Elite ladies....they have prize money!

What you guys forget is that alot of the 'Elite" ladies are actually Vets,

Chrissie, Anriette, Cashandra, Merissa, and many more that are riding the Elite category, so age really doesn't mattter.