NoTubes.com Crows

markStockton

Has anyone tried NoTubes.com Crows as a rear MTB tyre? I recently shredded a Racing Ralph on the rear and am looking for a more resilient tyre with low rolling resistance. 

Indeed! Tyre was the most fun I'd had on table mountain for a while, well until I crashed because they slip and slide all over the damn place, and if it's a little damp they're even more exciting!

--That being said they were pretty awesome at Trans Baviaans 2 years ago, in the dry, ridiculously fast, until I slashed the rear side wall coming down berg plaas, which incidentally was also super exciting with no control!
TitusTi2009-01-12 08:27:03

Thanks, I have enough scars, I'll look for a fast roller with a little more grip and strong slash resistant side walls. 

Thanks' date=' I have enough scars, I'll look for a fast roller with a little more grip and strong slash resistant side walls.  [/quote']

Marc, you're asking for the impossible. A "fast roller" implies, I think, something with low rolling resistance. That by definition means a thin tyre with very little thread and a gossamer thin sidewall. Which of course is not slast resistant since that attribute comes with thick sidewalls plied with lots of hard, resilient rubber.

But not to worry, someone will sell it to you.  

Mark, consider the Continental Race King Protection...... I have done some work with them and as a rear seem quite fine!

Mark' date=' consider the Continental Race King Protection...... I have done some work with them and as a rear seem quite fine!

[/quote']

Thanks, I think that was my next logical choice.  Then when I shred my Racing Ralph on the front I'll replace it with a Mountain King.

Thanks' date=' I have enough scars, I'll look for a fast roller with a little more grip and strong slash resistant side walls.  [/quote']

Marc, you're asking for the impossible. A "fast roller" implies, I think, something with low rolling resistance. That by definition means a thin tyre with very little thread and a gossamer thin sidewall. Which of course is not slast resistant since that attribute comes with thick sidewalls plied with lots of hard, resilient rubber.

But not to worry, someone will sell it to you.  

I dont want to sound like the ou- d**s but you know what, I cannot fault the crossmark LUST, I have been searching for months now just cause im getting bored( Ive been riding crossmarks for 2 years now). around western cape that is.

The grip is not the same as a High roller for instance, but then again, how often do you use that grip? Are you actually able to utilize the extra grip from such tires? The crossmark is really not bad, I have not yet slashed a sidewall, I have had two flats in two years, they last long... I really cant fault them.

I ride a 5" trail bike and have thought the tires look gay on a burly bike, but, for the last time, appart from weight, I cannot fault them.

Someone is bound to come tune me now, so lets see what the oke sais.

Mark' date=' consider the Continental Race King Protection...... I have done some work with them and as a rear seem quite fine!

[/quote']

Thanks, I think that was my next logical choice.  Then when I shred my Racing Ralph on the front I'll replace it with a Mountain King.

Did that exact tubless combination last week for a mate. Feels good and  he says handled real well at the last Babbas.
TNOSE_E2009-01-13 02:34:17