NCR - Cellphone Advise

Speed Devil

Beware of purchasing an Iphone at Vodacom due to the EXTREMELY limited warranty they provide with the phone.

<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I had a 3G Iphone which I took out on contract when they were launched last year September.

The phone froze on me earlier this month and locked me out.

After fighting a losing battle with Vodacom to repair/replace the phone, I now have to claim on my insurance for a new one.

Vodacom claims that my phone?s software was corrupted due to 3rd party software, but I never even as much as upgraded the phones software, never mind loading other software. I don?t see how they can make this claim as they are firstly unable to access the phone to see what software is on it and secondly, they say it is the first time something like this has happened. So I ask with tears in my eyes, how the f*ck they know it is a software problem?!!!

If they did replace the phone they would have replaced it with a 2nd hand unit, even though it was under warranty.

As soon as my contract expires I will be moving to another service provider as Vodacom and Apple are both out to screw the user over and use any excuse to get out of their obligation make good on their warranties.

I don?t really want to take another Iphone as they have a sh!t warranty and I?m scared this might happen again.

My choice of replacement would either be a Samsung Omnia or HTC Diamond Touchscreen.

Does anyone have constructive thoughts/comments on these phones or something similar.

Not good Speedy!

A friend of mine has the Omnia and LOVES it. I have been researching phones for my upgrade and have settled on the Nokia e71 as it has amazing reviews.

Check this site out: www.gsmarena.com good reviews.

Not good Speedy!

A friend of mine has the Omnia and LOVES it. I have been researching phones for my upgrade and have settled on the Nokia e71 as it has amazing reviews.

Why didn't you take they Omnia that you wanted?

Is the E71 touch screen and can it web browse like the Omnia?

You guys with all your high tech stuff. I feel sorry that you are having so much trouble but on the other hand, I don't.

Not good Speedy!

Why didn't you take they Omnia that you wanted?

Is the E71 touch screen and can it web browse like the Omnia?

I checked both reviews and spoke to the mtn store - whilst there another person told me how good the e71 is. It has an amazing battery life apparently which is a good thing. It is not touch screen and you can web browse. The multi media aspects are not as good as the omnia though. One review said it is "the perfect smartphone". Also looks good and the bonus is that on my contract it is R90 cheaper per month than the omnia although that is not a big thing for me, just a bonus. The reviews are sterling. Oh, I am nervous of getting a touch screen again after my issues with my KJAM.

Not good Speedy!

Thumbs%20Up My E71 on it's way from my boss in Dubai - just awaiting that DHL package .......

Not good Speedy!

Thumbs%20Up My E71 on it's way from my boss in Dubai - just awaiting that DHL package .......

I hope it is not going to be network locked like my brother's phone.

[

Good choice, it was my 1st pick when i was shopping around but they were difficult to get local then.

Sorry to hear about yr problems. I have had my iPhone for a year now, and I absolutely love it. It is jailbroken, and I have my MTN sim in there, and it works like a dream....and has since day one. Good luck with yr next phone.... a mate had the Omnia, and was not crazy about it....swopped it for a Nokia through a contact, and he's happy now.

Not good Speedy!

I love mine. Just get the Sportstracker software...