NCR - Cellphone Advise

Speed Devil

Not good Speedy!

A friend of mine has the Omnia and LOVES it. I have been researching phones for my upgrade and have settled on the Nokia e71 as it has amazing reviews.

Check this site out: www.gsmarena.com good reviews.

Thumbs%20Up My E71 on it's way from my boss in Dubai - just awaiting that DHL package .......

I hope it is not going to be network locked like my brother's phone.

To my knowledge (I stand to be corrected) it is illegal for Network Providers to network block cellphones.  It used to be like that a few years ago but was stopped.

E71 has a k*k battery life, charged it yesterday, down to one bar today. Bluetooth is permanently on, so that might have an impact, but one day battery life is still crap.

Thumbs%20Up the tall Finn says it is not 'lukittu'!

BTW anyone know how you tell if a Finn is an introvert or extrovert .......

Not good Speedy!

A friend of mine has the Omnia and LOVES it. I have been researching phones for my upgrade and have settled on the Nokia e71 as it has amazing reviews.

Check this site out: www.gsmarena.com good reviews.

Thumbs%20Up My E71 on it's way from my boss in Dubai - just awaiting that DHL package .......

I hope it is not going to be network locked like my brother's phone.

To my knowledge (I stand to be corrected) it is illegal for Network Providers to network block cellphones.  It used to be like that a few years ago but was stopped.

My brother has come over from Aus with his phone and can't use a simcard from our local service provider.

I think that law is only in SA.

My brother has come over from Aus with his phone and can't use a simcard from our local service provider.

I think that law is only in SA.

Weird, when I go to Germany, I use my phone from here with a T-Mobile sim there...

E71 has a k*k battery life' date=' charged it yesterday, down to one bar today. Bluetooth is permanently on, so that might have an impact, but one day battery life is still crap.[/quote']

I had the same problem on my Iphone in the beginning. After a while I realised that if I switched the 3G off and only used it for web browsing then the battery lasted a few days.

The E 90 is also an awesome phone. I loved mine before it was redistributed to the masses.

20090115_064622_Iphone.jpg

Saffer2009-01-15 06:46:36

I seem to be a bit technically challenged today, so excuse the stupid question...

On Vodacommon's website they say that the E71 does not do email. Just below that they say the email types that are supported are Nokia Intellisync wireless email, POP3, IMAP and SMTPConfused

What I would like to know is if I can access my gmail and send and receive email from the gmail site like with the iphone, X1 etc...

I am on MTN and can use the E71 to access my mweb e-mail, so unless vodacom cannot support it, you should be able to see your gmail.

• 2 weeks later...

Vodacom and Vodasure have both refused to repair/replace my IphoneAngryAngryAngryThumbs%20DownThumbs%20DownThumbs%20DownDeadDeadDead

Does anyone have a contact in Vodacom that I can take this matter up further with them?