Barend's Bike :-(((

Cruxpearl

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

R100 for every R1000.00 is about the norm.  Cyclesure covers it no matter what!

Spidey, I think it is rather R100 for every R10 000 from Cyclesure.

Lets be honest - we should not be cycling on any road designated N.

As this was discussed a few hundred time and I was one of them saying this' date=' I realised that one of my training rides is on a N road. It's part of the N14 in Krugersdorp. The "highway" only starts at at Avianto/Muldersdrift turn-off going north but going south west it turns right at the big 4way intersection towards Hekpoort road and the Venterdorp road. There's no way you're gonna keep cyclist of that road.

[/quote']

Well.... maybe not... Me and the Mrs was once caught on the N14 and given a fine (wonder if my boet paid it, must ask him one dayLOL) Can like to explain to the friendly officer of the law that no I can not like to have a number plate. Also wanted to explain to him that evolution has not been kind to him, but PF convinced me not to.

Wasn't the consensus that it was OK to ride on an 'N' road as long as it was posted with green signs?

The blue signs are for freeway stretches (applies to 'M' roads as well), and blue signs means no bicycles.

Or have I got it wrong?

MWNN - Where on the N14?

Also keep in mind that in P'town people have actually been fined because their reverse lights on their vehicles only work when the car is in .... yip ... reverse.

I have made statements before on the integrity and ..... "knowledge" of our law enforcing officers.

Bikemonster - consensus is a very relative term on the hub, but yip that is the way I understood (and practice) it as well.