To Boyes Drive or Not?

Philippe

Just heard that this years Argus route will be going over Boyes Drive.  Eish.....that corner going into Kalk Bay with several thousand time obsessed bicycle junkies???.....We ride this road on a very regular basis and have to wonder about the wisdom of this decision.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I fully agree with you on this Philippe. I predict unnecessary carnage on that corner.

Surely Argus tour and the construction company currently digging up the road the section on Main Road can come to some agreement on opening both lane for that day

This is k@k news...

Maybe I should just skip this year and save a few thousand $ on the plane ticket...

Rather go to Langkawi and ride there

hmmmm....this is not good news when it comes to safety!!!! i actually did the expected 'detour' route from endinburgh dr. (if it happens) yesterday and included boys drive.....and that last section has some bumps as well....going to be a nightmare

i can see a crash there causing delays

I spoke to Steve Hayward yesterday. The main concern was the bottle neck of two lanes into one on Main Road. The organisers felt that a lot of cyclists would have to come to a complete halt while the congestion clears itself. I'm sure enough warning will be given to cyclists about the dangers of Boyes Drive.

well why cant they move their @rses and hurry with with the road works....pls ;)

Im not sure what part of the western cape you live in but its major road works not just a couple pot holes that need fill in.

If we go over Boyes then people must just be careful around that corner.

well why cant they move their @rses and hurry with with the road works....pls ;)

Im not sure what part of the western cape you live in but its major road works not just a couple pot holes that need fill in.

If we go over Boyes then people must just be careful around that corner.

I'm not from that part, but from what I can remember it is a major overhaul of all the storm water and sewer systems as well.

I go through that section twice a day MAYBE if they got off there arses and did some work it would be finished in timeAngry.

On Friday morning about 10 workers were standing watching one guy dig.

I go through that section twice a day MAYBE if they got off there arses and did some work it would be finished in timeAngry.

On Friday morning about 10 workers were standing watching one guy dig.

nuff said.....

p.s. i live and cycle frequently there

hey....why dont they send the route over the east side of ou kaapse weg and then blackhill back to the main road? hehehehe. imagine the broken legs afterwards

hey....why dont they send the route over the east side of ou kaapse weg and then blackhill back to the main road? hehehehe. imagine the broken legs afterwards

Don't be cruel. We would never see our friends from Gauteng again Wink

please, its one little corner in 109 kms. anyone who has ridden a bike enough should be able to negotiate this one with ease. imho, everyones  afraid of the energy you need to climb the three big bumps on Boyes Drive instead of freewheeling in a bunch.   

please' date=' its one little corner in 109 kms. anyone who has ridden a bike enough should be able to negotiate this one with ease. imho, everyones ?afraid of the energy you?need to climb the three big bumps on Boyes Drive instead of freewheeling in a bunch.???

[/quote']

boyes isnt a climb as such...neither is smitswinkel

i think the front groups will be fine, but the further back u go with more congestion likely, thats a problem

I'm sure they'll use the slip-way at the end of Boyes-drive instead of taking the bunches right up to the T-junctions.  It's the bends before then that concern me.  Correction, it's not the bends - it's the idiots that think they are invincible.

please' date=' its one little corner in 109 kms. anyone who has ridden a bike enough should be able to negotiate this one with ease. imho, everyones  afraid of the energy you need to climb the three big bumps on Boyes Drive instead of freewheeling in a bunch.   

[/quote']

I totally agree on the "ridden a bike enough" - but you should see the collection of wallies back here in the double letters with their dusted off bikes - and we'll probably have to end up sharing the corner with a collection of ambulances for those who believe they can fly...

Oh well - there goes the sub4...

maybe next year - if that road crew can move it a little!?