Non-round rings ?

buckshot

I have used it for almost a year now and I won't easily go back to normal rings.  Don't know how it works but it makes you faster, for sure!

I think if you use Powertap' date=' a heart rate monitor, rotor rings and the new USN energy mutie, you will be unstoppable.[/quote']

naa, you have to use it correctly...CryCry  too nuch power and you waste your kneesCry, too little power and everybody dissapear over the first hillCry.

WW was so impressed he has ordered another 5 sets of Qrings for his shop. I think the recommended retail price is around 1.5k for small and big blade. A normal replacement BBB blade is around R500' date=' so it's a small expense for decent gain in my opinion...Thumbs%20Up
[/quote']

You can get a whole top-of-the-range crankset with 2 chainrings for less than that!

Check out the FSA Carbon Pro Team 170mm crankset with 53/39 chainrings.  It'll be under R1500, even with shipping and VAT added when it lands here.

Still, I admit that it won't make WW put out 300W where he used to do 270W.  I just think chainring prices are insanely high.  It's not exactly a complicated item, and it doesn't contain a lot of any material, so what's up with the price?

Hey Fatty.. it's ok, I still got my bubbly and flowers, so they couldn't have been too upset.  As I didn't have any backup there and had to ride the 5km back to the hotel, I had to choose between the booze and the flowers... needless to say, a friendly lady got the flowers! LOL

Riding to the hotel with my bicycle, balancing a 1.5 litre bottle of bubbly on the handlebars, 9:30 on a Sunday morning - I got LOADS of comments as you can imagine!!  

... I just think chainring prices are insanely high.  It's not exactly a complicated item' date=' and it doesn't contain a lot of any material, so what's up with the price?[/quote']

Unlike the completely sane and reasonable prices of, say, wheels!

Bike stuff is expensive, and the further up the food chain you go the crazier it gets.

Oh well, unlike other stuff that is silly expensive at least it doesn't disappear up your nose.

Well, not if you're riding right anyway.

I had to choose between the booze and the flowers... needless to say' date=' a friendly lady got the flowers! LOL

Riding to the hotel with my bicycle, balancing a 1.5 litre bottle of bubbly on the handlebars, 9:30 on a Sunday morning - I got LOADS of comments as you can imagine!!  [/quote'] Good thing TitusTi didn't spot you...his motto after all is "bring beer, come naked!"...beer...bubbly...booze...close enough! LOL

Well done again on a exellent result!ClapThumbs%20Up

Marius - I won't argue that point as I have noticed similar issues with HR but as I recall and from many other peoples comments you are a seriously competitive cyclist!

Isn't that the bottom line.......

If you are a seriously competitve cyclist be it Road or MTB, you must be prepared to pay to improve your performance.

After spending a good couple of hours in the sun at the prize giving (I was waiting for the draw for the VW Golf - was convinced I was gonna drive it back to Pretoria)  I am so sun burned the 'come naked' doesn't sound too bad at all! LOL

I had to choose between the booze and the flowers... needless to say' date=' a friendly lady got the flowers! LOL

Riding to the hotel with my bicycle, balancing a 1.5 litre bottle of bubbly on the handlebars, 9:30 on a Sunday morning - I got LOADS of comments as you can imagine!!  [/quote'] Good thing TitusTi didn't spot you...his motto after all is "bring beer, come naked!"...beer...bubbly...booze...close enough! LOL

Well done again on a exellent result!ClapThumbs%20Up

Bubbly will do, but she wasn't naked and I wasn't there.

Bubbly will do' date=' but she wasn't naked and I wasn't there.[/quote'] Dude, have you seen her? Another one of the hubbers I will classify as 'hot!'.. We are a blessed bunch!! You missed out LOL