One year on..

epoh

Started 6 years ago, stopped smoking, lost 15kg's.

Could've bought myself an island somewhere with al the cash I dropped on cycling sofar...

5yrs so far, 25kg's less, several bikes...

Some people say I do well, but I'm still convinced I'm a funrider that "rides to eat" LOL

Big%20smile

Since high school...many many years & lotsa pain..I loved every minute of it even if I felt like giving up at times: One time I actually cried of pain,,,,Cry

So as from this year I may no longer race but hell I love to train & enjoy the bike...That's what cycling is to me !!Thumbs%20Up

One thing tho'...I'm glad my training partner improved so much..he persisted!!! good on u mate!!

"DTThumbs%20Up"

Cycled to primary school as a kid.  Then nothing.  Smoked excessively and was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat in 2000.  Hospitalisation, tests etc and stopped smoking (easiest decision yet!).  Was put on beta blockers etc.  Saw families in camping sites cycling and it got my attention. 

Bought MTB and started cycling again.  Did my first 10km ride in Onrus, and was I proud! Full 10k's!. 

Had a bypass op (triple) in April 2004.  Recovered and completed the Karoo 2 Coast in September 2004 (the wet one).  Also realised that cycling is about more than doing 10k's. 

Entered and started Epic 2005.  Got flu on day two and being quite scared, pulled out. 

Cycling for the enjoyment and health at this stage.  Averaging about 220k's a week. 

I only wished and kept on cycling after primary school!

casspir

Cycled to primary school as a kid.  Then nothing.  Smoked excessively and was diagnosed with an irregular heartbeat in 2000.  Hospitalisation, tests etc and stopped smoking (easiest decision yet!).  Was put on beta blockers etc.  Saw families in camping sites cycling and it got my attention. 

Bought MTB and started cycling again.  Did my first 10km ride in Onrus, and was I proud! Full 10k's!. 

Had a bypass op (triple) in April 2004.  Recovered and completed the Karoo 2 Coast in September 2004 (the wet one).  Also realised that cycling is about more than doing 10k's. 

Entered and started Epic 2005.  Got flu on day two and being quite scared, pulled out. 

Cycling for the enjoyment and health at this stage.  Averaging about 220k's a week. 

I only wished and kept on cycling after primary school!

casspir

Going for 8 years. On my 6th road bike, 4th MTB, 1st tandem. Just don't convert that to money, sure I could have halfed the mortgage by now!!