Bicycle on Kulula flights

The Crazy German

Bikemonster it's like a convention for UFO freaks. They have to gather together to reassure each other they're not mad. smiley36.gif smiley36.gif

That reminds me more of a road race.

Back to the thread.  I normally fly BA down to Cape Town but BA in SA and Kulula is operated by Comair.  I have only once received my bike back with a fork cracked at four places.  I think the fact that the fork has done about 30 000 kilos might be a contributing factor. 

The advantage of using BA or Kulula over SAA (and would asume that Mango would be the same as SAA), is that if your luggage goes over limit, Comair is very leniant.  SAA is just full of sh!t when it comes to these things.

Nice thing if you fly down durin the Argus, is that they have special arrangements.  You drop your bike off two or three days prior to flying.  THus your bike is not weighed with the rest of your luggage as would normally be the case and there is no extra charge involved.  They then put those bikes on any Cape Town flight they could find that happens to have spare space in the aircraft.

Have use Kulula plenty of times flying down to Plett (George) and i have never had a problem, the bike does not normally go on the conveyor when i have flown, they take it off to the side and bring it out for you at your destination. 

Your chosen airline's peeps place your baggage on the conveyor and occasionally apologise to you when it gets broken or ends up in Buenos Aires or Brussels.  Everything between those two actions is out of their control.

I actually need to pass through brussels that's where I will probabely take the train after my 3d or 4th flight. So chances they go off radar are indeed present but would at least get them to europe with me

The advantage of using BA or Kulula over SAA (and would asume that Mango would be the same as SAA)' date=' is that if your luggage goes over limit, Comair is very leniant.  SAA is just full of sh!t when it comes to these things.

[/quote']

Guess I was lucky then when I came back from SA Saa took my stuff on for free 5kg's of overweight in normal luggage, roadbike, extra wheelset and trackbike. Talk the talk worked out fine and saved me alot off money(which was handy in my student times as you are always short off it).

To all

Thanks for the info am reassured now will probabely try em out in october