Death wish cyclist

TarmacPro

Just seen a cyclist on a MTB riding from Bellville to Parow area. Keeping up the traffic behind him by riding a meter + from the curb....

No Helmet... ConfusedOuch

When I passed him on the left.... Yes me bad ... Wink

I asked him "Morning... Where is the helmet?" ... Just got a blank stare....Tongue    Not even a Hi

No wonder that the motorists think bad of us cyclist Cry

When is the law going to be enforced?

Thanks.... Now I feel better Tongue

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Argust time......you get a LOT of the guys during Jan & Feb crusing with no helmet, riding in the middle of the road training for the Champs next to the mountain......

I train every afternoon in the Florida area...

There is a father and son that train on the same route with full cycling cloths shoes road bike for father mountain bike for son.....Guess what no HELMETS....

So I cycle pass great them nicely and ask the father where is your HELMET to my suprise he turn around and tell me to F%^$%^$ck off and mind my own business.....but he is one of those WIND GAT okes that know everything.... 

I train every afternoon in the Florida area...

There is a father and son that train on the same route with full cycling cloths shoes road bike for father mountain bike for son.....Guess what no HELMETS....

So I cycle pass great them nicely and ask the father where is your HELMET to my suprise he turn around and tell me to F%^$%^$ck off and mind my own business.....but he is one of those WIND GAT okes that know everything.... 

Must you mind your own business when he is lying in the road pouring his brains out as well?

Awesome example to set for your son. Swear at other people when they express concern for your safety.

Ignore your own safety - their wife/mother wont mind if they die.

Now I dont even greet I just ride pass them.....

And what is scary is the one road is quite busy because its peak hours traffic...

Just seen a cyclist on a MTB riding from Bellville to Parow area. Keeping up the traffic behind him by riding a meter + from the curb....

I asked him "Morning... Where is the helmet?" ... Just got a blank stare....Tongue    Not even a Hi

was he riding a red scott? with a t-shirt and back-pack/camelback & cycling shorts?

When I see helmetless riders, I look at them and shake my head - they are only going to hurt/kill themselves.

This awesome example of a father has no regard for his son's life either - that irritates me!

I don't get it. Just because you also ride a bike does this give you the right to be an enforcer of the rules? It's not even law that one needs to wear a helmet. If it were, you STILL have no right to just wind down and chirp a complete stranger because of what YOU think is right. You telling me that when you see a person driving without a safety belt on, you roll down your window and say "Morning... Where is the safety belt?". By your logic, because you're also driving a car, you are connected by the 'brotherhood of road users'.

You're lucky you only got a blank stare and not a cleat mark on the side of your car.

... It's not even law that one needs to wear a helmet.

Compulsory Helmets

COMPULSORY PROTECTIVE HELMETS FOR ALL
CYCLISTS

Many cyclists
of all ages have been breaking the law, by not wearing their helmets as required
by the National Road Traffic Act, 1993(Act No.93 of 1996).

http://www.arrivealive.co.za/pages.aspx?i=540

was he riding a red scott? with a t-shirt and back-pack/camelback & cycling shorts?

So you know him? Or seen him Wink

I don't get it. Just because you also ride a bike does this give you the right to be an enforcer of the rules? It's not even law that one needs to wear a helmet. If it were' date=' you STILL have no right to just wind down and chirp a complete stranger because of what YOU think is right. You telling me that when you see a person driving without a safety belt on, you roll down your window and say "Morning... Where is the safety belt?". By your logic, because you're also driving a car, you are connected by the 'brotherhood of road users'.
You're lucky you only got a blank stare and not a cleat mark on the side of your car.
[/quote']

I disagree....yesterday afternoon I did exactly the same thing just in a different context....a guy stopped next to me at a traffic light in his car (and I was in mine) and the passenger tossed a sigarette bud out of the window and I did roll down my window and asked him if his car's ashtray was broken....and don't tell me its not the same....the principal remains the same.  There are ENOUGH a$$holes polluting our roads.....

I don't get it. Just because you also ride a bike does this give you the right to be an enforcer of the rules? It's not even law that one needs to wear a helmet. If it were' date=' you STILL have no right to just wind down and chirp a complete stranger because of what YOU think is right. You telling me that when you see a person driving without a safety belt on, you roll down your window and say "Morning... Where is the safety belt?". By your logic, because you're also driving a car, you are connected by the 'brotherhood of road users'.

[/quote']

I disagree....yesterday afternoon I did exactly the same thing just in a different context....a guy stopped next to me at a traffic light in his car (and I was in mine) and the passenger tossed a sigarette bud out of the window and I did roll down my window and asked him if his car's ashtray was broken....and don't tell me its not the same....the principal remains the same.  There are ENOUGH a$$holes polluting our roads.....

GREAT! I bet you felt glad that 'in principle' you did your bit hey ;) wHooooooop!!

Just be careful of poking your nose into things though. You might think you're a hero once too often, and one day you'll do this to the wrong person and get the living &%$#^% beaten out of you. Then you can tell everyone that you are in a wheelchair because of a stompie :D VERRRRY philanthropic of ya!

Oh, and yes, helmets are law, so let a cop enforce it. Don't run around doing other peoples work.

[/quote']

Yes it is law... If you don't know the law.. Why use the road?

Who said I was in my car??? Tongue LOLLOL