Polar wearlink chest strap: porblems with signal

Reg Lizard

I have for the last couple of days experienced problems with my polar wearlink chest strap in that the watch (S720i) does not always pickup the heart beat signal. If I hold the watch within 30cm from my the chest strap it picks up the signal, but any further away from it and nothing. Replaced the battery in the wearlink chest strap, but no joy. Although the wrist watch does not indicate a low battery, can it be that I should replace the wrist watch battery? What do you think?Confused

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not wash it, but frequently rinse it with water. I have replaced the strap about a year ago, so I do not think that is the problem. I still believe it migth be the watch battery. While cycling on Saturday morning the stop watch (while in recording mode) also stopped suddenly on a few occasions, requiring me to press the red button again to continue recording.

I have been having trouble with my WearLink as well. When I wet the sensor area, I now also wet the press studs where the strap jons the transmitter. That seems to help a lot.

I changed the battery on the transmitter a while ago and that made no difference.

Wash the strap with warm water and soap!! Polar even suggest washing it in the washing machine at times - put it in a sock.

Wash the strap with warm water and soap!! Polar even suggest washing it in the washing machine at times - put it in a sock.

I sent the watch and the wearlink chest strap to the Polar guys to check it out. Should find out today or tommorrow wat's wrong with it. I still think its the watch's battery that needs to be replaced.

Reg do you have the contact details for the poalr guys ?

Did they give you an indication of the turn around time for your strap ?

Got my watch and chest strap back on Friday from IHF Products (the Polar agents), they replaced the wearlink connector (under warrantyBig%20smile) as the transmission range was too short. Only charged me R120 for the battery replacement.

• 1 year later...

So what is it with these Polar Heart Rate Monitors? From my previous posts above you will see that the wearlink connector/unit was replaced in Feb last year and now I have the same problem again- if I move the watch further than 30cm away from me- no signal!!! I quess I will have to send it away again!!! Damn. Anyone else been having such problems or is it just me? (BTW I have even replaced the strap and the battery no change. Tried with another watch, same problem. so it must be the wearlink connector)