Anton Oberholzer

Owen

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I met him once - in a cave known as Kempton Park - and he seemed like a guy who tells it exactly like it is, perhaps a bit abrasive, but okay!!

Anton is an OK guy.

Tells it like it is, holds nothing back, and super super strong.

Why all the anamosity now?

I was wondering the other day why does he just not ride with an 11 at the back and dump the other gears to save more weight?

I don't think I have ever seen this guy not ride in the big chain ring in front and small chain ring at the back. He is very strong!

He wasn't entered, but got involved in the Vet's race.  Actually rode to the finish line with Craig and Mark Spencer and got involved in the tactics.

Anton Oberholzer was caught doping in cycling twice,

banned from cycling for life,

got involved with some other sport,

was caught cheating there as well,

and banned from the sport there as well

then he was pardoned from his life time cycling ban

but still cannot keep it clean...

Why pace someone back to the leader of the race when you are not entered in the race?

Why get actively involved in the tactics if you have not entered in the race?

Why be on the course of the race if you have not entered the race?

Why can the CSA Officials not remove him from the race, forcibly if they have to????

And he's on OK guy????

I don't think so!!!!!

Cruxpearl, sure I dont think he should have gotten involved with the race, but you also shouldnt make remarks like like.

You say he cannot keep it clean now. As far as I know he has been tested at just about all the races and he hasn't had a problem yet. So to say he can keep it clean now is a bit harsh.

Sounds to me like there are some sour grapes. Perhaps its because you find it difficult to finish with the man?

Cruxpearl' date=' sure I dont think he should have gotten involved with the race, but you also shouldnt make remarks like like.[/quote'] Why not?? He has a history of cheating...

and he cheated again on Sunday...

He cheated the race organisers, as he did not pay for an entry.

He cheated the Vets race of a clean and fair result by interfering in the race

So all of that should be ignored???

You say he cannot keep it clean now. As far as I know he has been tested at just about all the races and he hasn't had a problem yet.
So has Lance!!!!

So to say he can keep it clean now is a bit harsh.
Interfering with the race is quite a bit more than harsh!!!

Sounds to me like there are some sour grapes. Perhaps its because you find it difficult to finish with the man?
I don't race against him at all!!! So no sour grapes here, but it irks me that he is always involved in some dishonesty!!!!

Cruxpearl' date=' sure I dont think he should have gotten involved with the race, but you also shouldnt make remarks like like.

You say he cannot keep it clean now. As far as I know he has been tested at just about all the races and he hasn't had a problem yet. So to say he can keep it clean now is a bit harsh.

[/quote']

I wonder what did they test him for? Crack cocaine solids that might have got stuck in his teeth? I have got serious doubts about our test labs.

Was at a race where he switched the real winner to come in first. Luckily the win was given to the rightful owner. Sounds like a cheat to me! If the CSA cannot even remove him from the race, how will they succeed in finding him guilty of doping?

Yeah, I was standing at the finish and thought that the marshalls had made a mistake and sent someone down the wrong way at the finish, turns out it was someone not even in the race. From where I was he looked like he was tangled in the sprint for the line. Surely that's just not acceptable that someone can ride with the leaders and not be in the race?