Apparently we deserve to be knocked over

Daniel XTR

Yeah. Go find my thread about standing up and being counted. 

Hey tchop I am still waiting for you to come count me so I can sit down ...... Wink

• Replies 211
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey tchop I am still waiting for you to come count me so I can sit down ...... Wink

I'm still waiting to see the letter you are writing to your councilor and/or MP...

TNT. The idea of a race is not a Protest Race. The idea is to have a dedicated race to a) inform cyclists that there are rules

b) to raise funds to have more signs put up in the hope that it will make a difference.

c) any other reason that might make cycling / training safer.

I accept you think it daft, thats your opinion. I'm trying to stand up and be counted in a positive way, without all the hatred and other crap we carriedaround yesterday. Fair nuff?

I'm still waiting to see the letter you are writing to your councilor and/or MP...

My PA's on it sir!

TNT. The idea of a race is not a Protest Race. The idea is to have a dedicated race to a) inform cyclists that there are rules

b) to raise funds to have more signs put up in the hope that it will make a difference.

c) any other reason that might make cycling / training safer.

I accept you think it daft' date=' thats your opinion. I'm trying to stand up and be counted in a positive way, without all the hatred and other crap we carriedaround yesterday. Fair nuff?
[/quote']

Yeah, yeah, all fine and well. I'm just merely pointing out the the biggest race in the world happens in the town where the most incidents are occurring. There's something in that.

I agree with your sentiment on this one TNT.

I read somewhere in a back issue of a bike mag, that the Argus has it's roots in being a protest ride, or that it started out that way. (I may be wrong.)

Anyway, it hasn't done much to stay as a protest ride and it certainly hasn't reduced the number of cyclists being taken out by motorists.

I might suggest that, due to the large number ofentrants, that the opposite isprob'ly true. More have been killed as a result of training for the Argus.

Be that as it may, I want to help Captain slow raise money and have more signs put up. That simple.

Another questioj is when would be a good time to hold such a race and can we do it over multiple cities?

Thanks Scotty. I'm still a bit of a rookie wth stuff like this, so I 'precite the help.

All the help I can get. Need not refer to it as a race,maybe an organised sponsored ride then?

Thanks Scotty. I'm still a bit of a rookie wth stuff like this' date=' so I 'precite the help.

All the help I can get. Need not refer to it as a race,maybe an organised sponsored ride then?
[/quote']

organised sponsored critical mass ride

Sleepy

Dude, get over yourself. Some people here are actually serious and who knows, we may create something from this that actually has value and ultimately benefits you as a cyclist. Take your attitude and do something positive with it.

http://www.cartoday.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=13;t=239866;p=4

So funny...mods deleted their thread...so they all blow up and want to change forums and burn the cartoday webiste, cancel their magazine subscriptions and everything.   Whahahaaaaaaaa....

Fickle bunch!

The trade price of that dudes 88 fireblade is not even in the book anymore...it would be around R20K...um that's like a entry level Carbon Road bike!

Do they really think that no cyclist has a car? I love their mentality...

Yup there self destrcution was quite funny to watch actually.

burn and pillage, kill the mods, No not you Pantani and friends

Sleepy

Dude' date=' get over yourself. Some people here are actually serious and who knows, we may create something from this that actually has value and ultimately benefits you as a cyclist. Take your attitude and do something positive with it.

[/quote']

take a chill pill please. these things have been discussed for years....the impact of media (newspaper, television, Huisgenoot) will bring a lot more attention that a protest ride. So much organizing with too little impact. Example:

• Protest ride - maybe 100/200 people will notice
  • Die Burger/Argus news paper - 20 000/40 000 people
  • Huisgenoot/You sells about 200 000 copies!
  • Carte Blanche - with the number of deaths you should get a slot going if you can get D Bellairs behind it to chat with them.

If you see the attitude of motorists it will be difficult to make them "aware".  You have to "educate" motorists how a cyclists think(most of them does not when on the road), for example, there is a reason why a cyclist not cycling in the yellow lane for that time because there is a lot of glass. This way motorists will be aware that we do not ride like that on purpose!

For those wishing to continue the debate - you will find the new bb here: http://www.no10.nl/ctbb/
At least until a new domain name is decided. There isn't a waiting process for registrations...

Use it/don't use it.

It doesn't look like their new site is working to well either.

General Error

SQL ERROR [ mysqli ]

Too many connections [1040]

An sql error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact an administrator if this problem persists.