SRam groupset???

Greenie

Hi Greenie.

Yes we are using it, currently riding there top end groupset Force . As any new product there has been a couple of problems as you may have heard regarding the brake calipar recall.

But the importers here in SA are very helpfull in sorting out all the problems.

I for one love the feel of the groupset, alot like campag .

Good value for money would be the "Rival" groupset. it weighs 100g more than its big brother FORCE but costs half the price.

I'm sure you'll soon see alot more Pro teams using it in 2008.

Did you year, the rear brake calliper is also being recalled.

SRAM expands Force front brake recall to include rear brakes as well

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2007/tech/news/02-14/SRAM_Force_front_brake_caliper_recalltn.jpg

Just days after announcing a voluntary recall on its Force front brake calipers due to defective titanium bolts, SRAM has now added the matching rear to the list for the same reason after conducting additional metallurgical analysis. According to SRAM officials, only a handful of brakes have failed in the field (and only a single rear), and all failures have reportedly occurred during installation. Brakes that were manufactured later in the production cycle do not suffer from the same defect, and all current production meets company specifications.

Brakes subject to the recall can be identified through the date code stamped on the back of the caliper and will include one of the following:

No date code at all (indicates early production).

Original date code range: 01JUN06 through 15SEP06.

Current date code range: 35T6XXXXXXX through 39T6XXXXXXX.

Affected brake calipers must be replaced as a complete unit as the mounting bolts are not replaceable. Corrective action will be taken as follows:

SRAM sales representatives will contact OEM clients directly to set up a replacement plan for bicycles currently in inventory as well as those that have already been delivered.

Distributors are asked to please contact dealers who have purchased Force road brake sets and/or complete groups to arrange for replacement of front and rear brake calipers.

Dealers will be contacted either directly by SRAM or a SRAM distributor with a corrective action plan. Dealers are asked to compile a list of customers who may be affected by the recall.

Affected consumers should contact the retail outlet from which the brakes were purchased or their local dealer to arrange for replacement.

All affected front and rear brake assemblies should be contained and returned to a SRAM distributor or regional SRAM sales office. In all cases, SRAM has reported that replacement brake assemblies are currently in stock and have already begun shipping to end users in order to minimize down time.

Additional information can be found at www.sram.com.