clipless,cleats,pedals,clips etc

CatGirl

The colour is the difference as much as people try to tell me that the bearings are better i cant find any difference in feel and cant justify the price increase either

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Again must agree with tortoise that for a recreational / fast fun rider the 520's are fine. Having said that the 540's do look 'sexier' (they have that fancy tapered part that attaches to the pedal) and they are lighter but by grams I guess.

520's it is then...then the shoes on page 3??? shimano aint that expensive so the shimano's on page 3 it is then...would like model still please..

thanks all!

helloise

helloise if you looking for a decent tough all round shoe then i could suggest a pair of louis garneu trial shoes they are awesome value for money and are extremely comy!!!

helloise they go for less than R800 i dont know the price but they are awesome shoes go to fitsportslab.com and you will be able to see whats available

Helloise, go to Sportsman's Warehouse and get Olympic shoes for R550. They will last forever and you will eventually get tired of them.

Agreed Parra - I train with a pair of those Olympics and they get no special treatment and just go on and on.

Had a pair of the entry level Merida shoes but they did not last very long .........

do you think people will look at me funny with a pair of al cheapo's?????not quite a brand name the olympics....i dont want to completely look like a non professional if you know what i mean...

i'll check these out as well...louis garneu

but thanks for all the good advise!

Helloise' date=' go to Sportsman's Warehouse and get Olympic shoes for R550. They will last forever and you will eventually get tired of them.

[/quote']

R550, jeez, where are you shopping ? and can I place on order with you ?

At somerset mall the cheapest pair is R840 ! My LG's cost that and they were the entry level ones.

Guest Agteros
Helloise' date=' go to Sportsman's Warehouse and get Olympic shoes for R550. They will last forever and you will eventually get tired of them.

[/quote']

R550, jeez, where are you shopping ? and can I place on order with you ?

At somerset mall the cheapest pair is R840 ! My LG's cost that and they were the entry level ones.

I bought a pair of Olympics at Sportsman's Warehouse in September last year for R550 as well Smile

do you think people will look at me funny with a pair of al cheapo's?????not quite a brand name the olympics....i dont want to completely look like a non professional if you know what i mean...

?

most common shoe out there. forget what evferyone'll think. besides they'll be covered in mud smiley2.gif

Stuff what people think. You are out on youtr bike and that is all that matters. If people say something, don't ride with them again. But I don't think you will find that in the MTB crowds, maybe in the roadie groups.

there is another post re mtb shoes..there they also suggest the olympics! if that is the case i can afford to but the clips and shoes one time...

SMW olympics are now a little bit over R550 a pair but i can still then buy clips too...

thanks all!

helloise

PS i think i now have the info i need...