Charge GPS & Mobile phone @ Sani2C

Portable Solar

If you are riding a multi stage race with a GPS (Garmins), cell phone, PDA, iPod etc and look for a solution that makes sense to re-charge the batteries,  consider the SolarPouch from Flexopower. It is a powerful, light weight solution that works.

The solar cells are glass free, flexible and 3x more shadow tolerant. The  unit weighs 125g and is easily attached to the camel bag. Compatible to most Garmin fitness GPS, most mobile phones, PDA's.

No more worrying about empty batteries during a multi stage event. Check it out at www.flexopower.com or call 011 465 0022.

how long is this event 1 month ?

why don't you just pre-charge the phone ??

how dare you use common sense here. You are banned from the Hub. Go away and think about what you've done. Angry

Cry I apologise....I was not thinking....

I will now go and lock myself away form human contact and meditate on my stupidity.

hmmm wonder how much one of those chargers cost,....will probably need it to charge my phone while I'm away.

I wonder if it will keep my laptop charged - so i can 'Hub' while waiting for my partner!!!

Dude...you're not allowed more than 2 minutes ahead of me. So when you get to the top of the hill, go back down and help your partner push his up. Partner.

Decent phone batteries on a Windows Mobile will only last a day or so some will need to bring extra batteries.

My Samsung i780 has 2 batteries, so that should last.

My Garmin 705 should last 15 - 18 hours and I plan on being quicker than that.

My Samsung i780 has 2 batteries' date=' so that should last.

My Garmin 705 should last 15 - 18 hours and I plan on being quicker than that.
[/quote']

The i780 will last if you switch off at night and don't use the GPS.  Garmin should be fine, but might die at the end of day 3.  By the time you see the sea there is still an hour to go and you won't give a crap about what a stupid little GPS thingymajiggy is saying.

Decent phone batteries on a Windows Mobile will only last a day or so some will need to bring extra batteries.

a decent phone with ME is an oxymoron. That's exactly the reason they last one day.....ME!

I have a REAL phone Big%20smile (Nokie E71) with a PROPER OS and it lasts a week and I use wifi etc etc extensively on it