Race Ethics Lacking in "Developement Cyclist"

Pickles

or go and buy that plastic film from a chemist (can't remember what it is called and leave it on for 2 weeks. It will form a "bag" of  serum that promotes healing.

I wonder about that fil/plaster thingies. A friend of mine had them on his wounds for a long time and evenutally it will start to get inflamed since you can't clean all dirt out of the wound. It looks quite nasty.
what do the peeps with a medical background say?

I've used those after a bad crash, I put new ones of that plastic film stuff on every 5 days I think for like 3 weeks (those were some seriously deep roasties).  They definintely helped me heal faster and I had relatively minimal scarring afterwards.

Oh ja when you have to take them off you will be seriously happy you shaved you legs and dont have hair on you hips etc...
GIRR2009-02-21 11:47:32

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

or go and buy that plastic film from a chemist (can't remember what it is called and leave it on for 2 weeks. It will form a "bag" of  serum that promotes healing.

I wonder about that fil/plaster thingies. A friend of mine had them on his wounds for a long time and evenutally it will start to get inflamed since you can't clean all dirt out of the wound. It looks quite nasty.

I've used those after a bad crash' date=' I put new ones of that plastic film stuff on every 5 days I think for like 3 weeks (those were some seriously deep roasties).  They definintely helped me heal faster and I had relatively minimal scarring afterwards.
[/quote']

did you celan the wound everytime you changed the strips? are you supposed to put new ones on or doesn't it matter? I've never used them...I always leave my wounds to try and then peel the stuff off Smile

I've used those after a bad crash' date=' I put new ones of that plastic film stuff on every 5 days I think for like 3 weeks (those were some seriously deep roasties).  They definintely helped me heal faster and I had relatively minimal scarring afterwards.
[/quote']

What you are talking about is called comfeel( not sure of the spelling)... it looks like a brown wad of gel.....  you put it on and it is kept in place with a plaster called on site.( also not sure of the spelling) change the dressing every second day.   Works on some does not on others.   do not know how expensive it is though.

[/quote']

What you are talking about is called comfeel( not sure of the spelling)... it looks like a brown wad of gel.....  you put it on and it is kept in place with a plaster called on site.( also not sure of the spelling) change the dressing every second day.   Works on some does not on others.   do not know how expensive it is though.

I dunno if we talk about the same thing here. I was referring to these clear 'sticking' plasters that you put onto the wound - no brown stuff (except for rotten flesh) and no extra plaster required to make it stick.

what you talking about? :-)

[/quote']

did you celan the wound everytime you changed the strips? are you supposed to put new ones on or doesn't it matter? I've never used them...I always leave my wounds to try and then peel the stuff off Smile

I cleaned the wound everytime I changed them(didn't scrubOuch).  I'm not sure if you're supposed to change them and whether it matters or not, but after that many days it starts to look a bit rough.

They called Op site and they work well with or without the brown stuff basically all that is required when you replace them is for you to dry them and remove dead skin so that it is not going to cause infection while under the plaster and they must not be cut under any circumstance!!!

[/quote']

I used that aswell, from what I remember that brown gel is expensive and kinda dissolves into a fluid under those clear plasters (hence the looks pretty nasty).

Pickles please send me a mail with those pictures so I can address this with the Acsis Manager Glyn Bloomberg

positive Skye !! Clap Doing something about the issue and helping to solve. If there is one thing I have learnt from  reading the threads its just that, helping to solve (and saving tortoises Thumbs%20Up)

[/quote']

I dunno if we talk about the same thing here. I was referring to these clear 'sticking' plasters that you put onto the wound - no brown stuff (except for rotten flesh) and no extra plaster required to make it stick.

I think we are talking about different treatments.  we used comfeel(spelling) when my daughter had an accident with a mug of boiling water.  she was allergic to the comfeel and I ended up using a paraffin gauze and crepe bandage.. she was allergic to the on site plaster as well.  now there is no noticeable mark.  you really need to look for it.....  just keep the wound clean that is the most important

is "developement cyclist" (sic) a euphemism?

No' date=' not a euphamism! I said developement rider, and that's what I meant.
[/quote']

then explain the quotation marks in the subject line?

'developement' riders being youngsters that are relatively new to the sport. Assisted/sponsored up-and-coming cyclists. In a state of sporting advancement!  They are identifiable as developement cyclists by their kit. Don't split hairs Holy. Stick to the point. These guys cause weekly accidents. Bad ones. More so than usual. They do not take any cognizance of their fellow riders, nor their own, safety.

I believe that if a sponsor is going to put their company's name and logo all over a cyclist, they should also put some effort into ensuring said cyclist is not a menace in a race. Be it with training or in any other relevant manner.

hats off to you pickles !

[/quote']

I think we are talking about different treatments.  we used comfeel(spelling) when my daughter had an accident with a mug of boiling water.  she was allergic to the comfeel and I ended up using a paraffin gauze and crepe bandage.. she was allergic to the on site plaster as well.  now there is no noticeable mark.  you really need to look for it.....  just keep the wound clean that is the most important

apparently we are, yes. but your method was also to keep the wound moist, as sean suggested earlier?

EEEIIINNNAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Funny, I was talking to a guy last night who manufactures motorcycle gear and we were talking about how it protects these guys when they fall. We got onto the subject of cyclists falling and how little lycra does to protect us. He and I are going to get together to see about making stretch kevlar cycling gear which apparently (and I only say apparently at the moment) will prevent what you're seeing in the pics (the roasties and not the falling obviously). Are we on a hiding to nowhere or do you think that this may have merit?

jeremyd2009-02-23 03:46:17

EEEIIINNNAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Funny' date=' I was talking to a guy last night who manufactures motorcycle gear and we were talking about how it protects these guys when they fall. We got onto the subject of cyclists falling and how little lycra does to protect us. He and I are going to get together to see about making stretch kevlar cycling gear which apparently (and I only say apparently at the moment) will prevent what you're seeing in the pics (the roasties and not the falling obviously). Are we on a hiding to nowhere or do you think that this may have merit?

[/quote']

You're on a hiding to nothing. Before coming up with a new idea, ask yourself if a world champion would use it/wear it. The top riders' actions influence the rest of the sport. Rather work on a better roastie treatment so we don't all give differing yet similar advice which can be confusing. Wink

Sean Badenhorst2009-02-21 13:52:19

is "developement cyclist" (sic) a euphemism?

No' date=' not a euphamism! I said developement rider, and that's what I meant.
[/quote']

then explain the quotation marks in the subject line?

they are PDI's who are in the development stage of their cycling career but have advanced far enough up the ppa seeding ladder to qualify to race in the league. they might be fast and able to follow a wheel. but cornering, drinking from a bottle, missing cateyes/potholes and passing other cyclists skills need a bit of work. they are also prone to over taking on your left ie you might get a bunch of them passing you on your right up a climb but there will always be one that wants to squeeze between you and the gravel.  

You capies sound a tad racists there! From this posting on the hub and the ones before this one, can I safely assume no other crashes ever occur in CT besides the ones caused by 'development' riders? Jeez in Gauteng there are crashes every week in our races, so would it be correct to say that the whiteys in Gautend ride their bikes like blacks or that the whiteys in CT are just exceptionally gifted riders that it is just not possible for them to cause any crashes?

Skye, I sincerely hope Glyn tells you exactly where to shove your complaint!

Oi, if my kid looked like that due to the issues you suggest Pickles, I would be steaming,......... hair would fly and it wouldnt be my own.!!

Absolutely no way, I am gonna be objective looking at my kid in that state.

I hear you man, I really do.