wiele wat gewig kan vat

Breezer

My vriend weeg 105 kg. Hy het al twee stelle wiele gebreek. Is daar enige padwiele wat nie sal breek of n gewig limiet op het nie? Hy wil nou fietsry los uit moedeloosheid. Het iemand dalk n 2de handse stel wiele wat sal hou en 9 spoed kan vat?

PM Icycling about a set of Spinergy's...I have them and used to be 105kg's, never broke a spoke. Can get them in a funky deepsection carbon wheel as well..

Jou vriend moet 'n stel standaard wiele kry met 36 speke. Goed gebou en ge-stress relieve. Gewone box section rims en gewone Shimano hubs.

Is die kruiwa wiele Shimano compatible?LOL

Wel, hulle is darem quick-release en is van die beste "tubeless design" op die mark LOLLOLLOL

LOL

You've had a lot of anecdotal advice and even more banter, but I doubt you're any closer to understanding the problem, based on all this.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

You have to differentiate between strength and durablility. Most wheels are strong enough. In other words, if your heavyweight friends sits on a bike fitted with a pair of just about any wheels, including the lightest magnesium rims, they won't break. That means they're strong enough.

Durability is another story. A durable set of wheels will carry the weight of the intended rider for an acceptable distance without major failure.  Durability is required from the all three components in the wheel - the hub, the spokes and the rim.

The hub has to have good sized bearings. 6900 series cartridge bearings are not good enough. Bigger is better and in this case, cup and cone is best since they allow for the largest balls possible. Think Shimano or Campagnolo.

The spokes needn?t be anything special and double-butted from any of the two big manufacturers will be good enough. However, the builder must design the wheel correctly and know how to stress-relieve and untwist the spokes. Then they?ll give an acceptable life ? most likely far beyond the wheel?s fashion life. 36 spokes per wheel is prudent for a 100kg plus person.

Thirdly, you need to consider the rims. These have to be either box section or deep section with a socket. The latter is very rare and exists only in Mavic CXP33s, as far as I know. However, good box section socketed rims in the 500 gram range are plentiful. Think Open Pro, DRC ST 17 etc.

Don?t compromise when it comes to the rims since this is the first component to fail and you?ll loose confidence in the wheels. If you don?t know how much the rim weighs, find out. Make sure the rim has DOUBLE eyelets (actually sockets) and is preferrably silver, not dark anodised.

If you stick to these guidelines you?ll find wheels that will last.

Thanks. The problem is the rear hub and axel. 1000km and it is full of little chips. He currently run Alex D 500 with 32 spokes. Can you put a good hub with sealed bearings in?