Michelle Corbet wins the Junior Ladies race

20090311_002449_0D2E7189.JPG

Stephano & Christopher approach the finish line

20090311_002529_0D2E7207.JPG

20090311_002551_0D2E7208.JPG

and absolute joint 3rd Rourke Croeser & Jonathan v Gesselleen

20090311_002637_0D2E7230-2.JPG

Who took the win?

Considering Stephano & Christopher crossed the line together. I presume it was decided between the two of them.

South African cycling has been so exciting in the last few years.

Fantastic Pics

we decided that chris would take the win with 1km to go... we had to commit ourselves 100 percent to the breakaway and that would not have been possible if we knew that we would end up sprinting each other for the victory, as we would have saved ourselves for the charge of the line.

hmmm' date=' i know who wants to win junior tour.

we gave 2 bronze medals, were too close to call

[/quote']

I also know who wants to win the junior tour - my son does.....!!!

They're gonna have to work for it......Wink

Whats up with this holding of hands while crossing the line? You juniors must really learn how to sprint. The same thing happend last year with Chris and Rourke. The judges will still have to make a decision for 1st and 2nd. So why not just sprint it out and get a deserving winner?

Whats up with this holding of hands while crossing the line? You juniors must really learn how to sprint. The same thing happend last year with Chris and Rourke. The judges will still have to make a decision for 1st and 2nd. So why not just sprint it out and get a deserving winner?

I agree. Do a good handshake 500m out - and then start sprinting WITHOUT leadout each other.

it is a virtue not many can understand... and if we knew we were going to sprint it out then we would not have paced together at max effort level, we would have tried to save our legs, thus increasing the risk of being caught by the chasing bunch...

at which race did chris and rourke do this last year?

At SA's last year. Presumeably you both contributed equally in the break. So a sprint would have been fair. I'm sure in a few years time you are going to kick your own ass if you feel that you could have won. Being a national champ is a very nice thing to have on your cv. Coming second not so much..