It was steep & hot out there....

20090322_062220_IMG_2169.jpg

hummm they're passing me....

20090322_062439_IMG_2170.jpg

team 'pimp-my-ride'

20090322_062527_IMG_2173.jpg

20090322_062601_IMG_2189.jpg

20090322_062700_IMG_2201.jpg

some had a very nice vantage point! anyone got a spare helicopter going?

Cheryl J2009-03-22 07:22:08

QUOTE=Ronelle]

20090321_235950_0D2E4384.JPG

awesome series... how his head missed that stump is a miracle... Unless it did?

Hey CherylJ -- miracle, no other way to put a name to how he missed it!

WOW - and your pics are stunning! Sorry I missed you!

And JasonW's too!

One could really choose your bg yesterday! (not like today ... :) will upload just now!

I see the Stage 1 results have been updated. And Shan and Andrew shifted to 2nd place on Masters, Burry & Sauser still up there -- any news anybody?

Guest Michelle

20090321_083909_0D2E4184.JPG

Ronelle: have you seen the movie Shutter?  This looks like one of those spirit photographs LOL

Ronelle: have you seen the movie Shutter?  This looks like one of those spirit photographs LOL

Michelle - no, haven't seen the movie? Is it worthwhile? There was quite a bit of spirit on that mountain on sunday, maybe some of them found their way in the pic Wink

BTW .. who feels like a drive out to Villiersdorp with me tomorrow? RaymondC?

aaarrgghhh.... I have to workCry

Spose its one way of supporting the camera equipment habit....... not to mention the bike habit too!!! Big%20smile

20090321_081514_0D2E3621.JPG

This dude wheeling is a nutter' date=' at Hell and back he was with me a group of about 4 guys and then we were going up this hill and I was on the limit and he proceeded to pull this trick again and ride away from me infront of the photographer.
[/quote']

That's Hannes Neethling. He is a nutter indeed. A couple of years ago he would pitch up at Dirtopia on a Cannondale hardtail and do silly things like remove the suspension fork and fit a rigid fork for the observed trials event and then refit the suspension fork for the xc and dh races.

He is a BRILLIANT bike handler and on a good weekend at Dirtopia he would place in every single discipline....XC, DH, marathon, short course xc, trials, hillclimb and dual-slalom/4X....not to forget the bicycle polo!

And he's a real nice guy as well!

MintSauce2009-03-24 02:44:34

20090321_081514_0D2E3621.JPG

This dude wheeling is a nutter' date=' at Hell and back he was with me a group of about 4 guys and then we were going up this hill and I was on the limit and he proceeded to pull this trick again and ride away from me infront of the photographer.
[/quote']

That's Hannes Neethling. He is a nutter indeed. A couple of years ago he would pitch up at Dirtopia on a Cannondale hardtail and do silly things like remove the suspension fork and fit a rigid fork for the observed trials event and then refit the suspension fork for the xc and dh races.

He is a BRILLIANT bike handler and on a good weekend at Dirtopia he would place in every single discipline....XC, DH, marathon, short course xc, trials, hillclimb and dual-slalom/4X....not to forget the bicycle polo!

And he's a real nice guy as well!

MR Dirtopia 2008 (and a few other years too i'm sure) - can't miss that helmet.

stage 1 highlights had him pulling a wheelie too. Now if only the bulls 2 team could take some lessons