arm/leg warmers or long pants

CatGirl

i dont see any on the first ascent site..where can i buy the above?

and also which is better long pants or warmers?

When it's really cold, nothing beats long pants with a proper fleace lining.  Leg warmers only keep your legs warm (duh!), and your normal shorts don't protect the region between the legwarmers and jersey from real cold.

Saying that though, you probably don't need that in Cape Town.  It rarely gets that cold there and usually a pair of legwarmers will do (well, it does for me), but if you like protection against the cold, get long pants.

Guest colonel

They are on the First Ascent site, if not mail morne at firstascent dot com

I have a set of lycra knee warmers for cooler days, then lycra longs for even cooler and then fleece lined long bibs (without padding) for the coldest days.

hmmm... i like long pants & warmers for REALLY cold days - warmers, even though they're fleeced, do not protect against the biting wind as easily as long pants. Both together would be best.

If you're talking about long lycra pants though (you get them), then the warmers would win hands down... they're lined, so you don't just have a 0.1mm barrier against the cold. If you're scared, take both.

If you're worried about it though, get the warmers - alot cheaper than the long pants route. And you can take them off if you get too hot, or roll them down and commit a serious euro-rider fashoin faix pas in the process.

i went to smw they had a pair of leg warmers there..i think i'll go for long pants...they loook uncomfortabole with the elastic at the top. my shorts also have elastic...ooooouch my leg!!!! ill ma email first ascent and ask about a pair of long pants...

thanks all!

Guest Michelle

If you're willing to pay a bit more, these are really awesome!

Assos Uma Bib Tights... the wind protection on the knees definitely helps.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/images/assos-aubt-zoom.jpg

If you're willing to pay a bit more' date=' these are really awesome!

Assos Uma Bib Tights... the wind protection on the knees definitely helps.

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/images/assos-aubt-zoom.jpg
[/quote']

thanks!

so where can i find a pair? and how much are they really? they look cool but will have to try them on first..

it looks as thoug they come up a bit high on the waist...in that case i'll need no bra!!! he he he...im a bit on the short side 1.58m

Those are Assos, so you will probably have to decide whether you are selling a kidney or a lung to pay for them

i'll probably will have to sell BOV...he he he

nee wat dan los ek ma i'll just get first ascent's long pants then...