Licences

grim reaper

Applied 2 Dec, and still waiting. Spoke to Jackie at CGC last week and there was nothing yet. Sent email to Justin at Myrace, and received no reply. Useles bunch of ......

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I applied through my club by doing it the old way by completing the forms. I received my license pronto. Looks like the modern way is not so modern.

I applied through my club by doing it the old way by completing the forms. I received my license pronto. Looks like the modern way is not so modern.

I applied at CGC offices in person and still nothing, the hold up is not at CGC but at CSA .

Can someone PLEASE explain to me why I need a licence???

Mountain bike one at that...not Road!!

Maybe I'm just an ignoramus??? BUT I had enough of being screwed out of all my hard earned money!!

I really do not see any benefit....

Still got no answers???

Maybe I'm just an ignoramus??? BUT I had enough of being screwed out of all my hard earned money!!

Still got no answers???

It's because nobody knowsConfused

I applied at CGC offices in person and still nothing' date=' the hold up is not at CGC but at CSA .
[/quote']

I waited patiently for two months then just before the Argus I got "gatvol" and kicked up a fuss.

I recieved an e-mail last night from the club to say it had arrived.!

Again I see a lot of patient cyclists who dont want conflict and are prepared to just wait.

This is the problem with SA consumers, we dont demand our rights, we wait around and wait around and get pushed from pillar to post and suck it up quietly.

Bulls**t, - if CSA could not handle the issue, they should have done something about it, farm the work out, hire extra staff, whatever, - any business in the commercial world who takes 3 months to deliver a PRE PAID item will be out of business in a week - its not acceptable guys, stand up for your rights and demand your cards, not next week, today!! - its irrelevant if you need it today or not, bottom line is - you fulfilled your part of the deal and paid for it, its now in the court of CSA and they need to step up to the plate and deliver.

Why do you need a card?

Isn't a number sufficient?

Or do you carry your card with you on all cycling trips.....like  a drivers licence (and show it to the cycling police when they pull you over...LOL)

The only place I have come across this licence issue was last year at Knysna MTB, when I was asked to take a out a day licence (R30)...I told them to get stuffed!! Still raced & wasn't arrested....

Then again, on booking some races recently....licence number required....

So, my point is - why can't CSA just not email /SMS you a licence number (like all race entry numbers work)??  And send the licence card via posduif.

I still do not see the point of having a licence for social cycling - league races might be different though, I agree.

In December last year I renewed my club membership and CSA License together on the MyRace website, and the debit went off my credit card the same day, so I assumed that all was well. Last week when I still hadn't received my new License Card, I contacted the club, and got the usual "We are still waiting for lots of cards" reply. After that I logged back into the MyRace website and found that the License Renewal was still in my shopping card and showed as unpaid. smiley5.gif

After emailing info@cyclingsa.com, pointing out that the payment had reflected on my credit card statement but that the renewal was still listed as unpaid on their website, I got a reply to say that they were going to process my application and that I should receive my new card within 2 weeks. We will have to wait and see...

Why do you need a card?

Isn't a number sufficient?

Or do you carry your card with you on all cycling trips.....like  a drivers licence (and show it to the cycling police when they pull you over...LOL)

The only place I have come across this licence issue was last year at Knysna MTB' date=' when I was asked to take a out a day licence (R30)...I told them to get stuffed!! Still raced & wasn't arrested....

Then again, on booking some races recently....licence number required....

So, my point is - why can't CSA just not email /SMS you a licence number (like all race entry numbers work)??  And send the licence card via posduif.

I still do not see the point of having a licence for social cycling - league races might be different though, I agree.

[/quote']

BUMP

Still got no answers???

I would say to justify CSA's existence - what else do they do?

Wobbles2009-03-31 02:32:52

CyclingSA SUCKS!!!!

I payed my lisence middel of Feb. and has been waiting since for it. Last week I called their offices to find out what happend to it.  The lady i spoke to (whom I would like to name) was very unfriendly and told me sy will look into it. I told her it need it by this weekend. She said she will get back to me on THursday. By Friday i called her again and she again said she will get back to me. I am still waiting.

Is there nothing we can do? Cant all mounties stop paying them al together or boicot them somehow?

This is the time where cycling clubs should take a stand and voice the concerns of their members!!

Once again - use the cycling magazines and engage CSA in a open letter...

I still say - Stuff the cycling licence....no need whatsoever....

I vote for a total boycot on cycle licences!!  VIVA...

Nope, no license yet.  Our club chairman has requested a duplicate copy that was promised to be posted asap. Hand written one like last years. waiting now for 2 weeks. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

Why do CSA go to a new system if they cannot support the system?  Money, that?s all, no service delivery.

I paid end Nov 2008, so yes, I am also upset.  My wife got hers end Feb. They were paid the same day. I am waiting for the first race they ask me for my card. lol. Booooom, Baaaam, I throw my toys.

Still got no answers???

It's because nobody knowsConfused 

The only reason why we all need to registeredwith the CSA (road, MTB and all other disciplines of cycling), is so that the CSA can prove to the government how many people participate in the sport.

The more people who are reigistered means more funding from the government for "development".

Further more than that there is absolutely no good reason for having a licence. It does not help with seeding, cheaper entry fees, better marshalling etc etc etc......

The only people who are really benifiting from this extremely time consuming, frustrating, inefficient, foot dragging exercise is the CSA, because they get money from the government....so that they can build swimmingpools and buy carsOuch

I applied for my licence on 25 Nov 2008. After 7 phone calls no lisence yet. Each week I'm promised that they will send it on Monday. WHICH MONDAY????