Epic coverage vs Giro del capo coverage

skelmpie

I was wandering why is supercycling able to have full programs focusing on Epic, while for the Giro there is hardly any mention of?

Don't get me wrong I am exstatic with the coverage of the Epic, I think is what a race like this deserve. Maybe it deserves to be live everyday as well. But then again I believe Giro deserves that as well.

I can't believe its public interest, as I think if the Giro gets the same coverage, it will attract just as much public interest. Is it just mooolllaaa??

It's obvious that the organisers of the GIRO needs to catch a wake up. The EPIC is not only broadcasted in SA, but also overseas like bicycling.tv.....hat's off to the EPIC organisers, they have their ducks in a row and is a well oiled machine. Supercycling broadcast is maybe because of Andrew Maclean's participation...

Kevin Vermaak is pasionate about his event and is promoting it, selling advertising space and raising the profile of the event each year. The PPA / cycle tour trust just put on a 4 day bike race for some third string roadies and simply go through the motions each year. I think that the Epic can show the Giro how it can be done. The Giro has the most spectacular scenery and could easily enjoy a far higher profile than it does, it just takes a bit of effort and will.

Hellooooo! am I missing something here?? The epic features for 1/2 an hour at 10 Pm with a rerun three times the next day. Cr@p coverage, barely even a travelogue!

Even 94.7 sport this morning at 7h30 didn't mention yesterday's stage winners, only some dude who was riding for the Organ Doners Association

Hellooooo! am I missing something here?? The epic features for 1/2 an hour at 10 Pm with a rerun three times the next day. Cr@p coverage' date=' barely even a travelogue! [/quote']

I am with you on this one. This is not realy good coverage at all.

Well next year the entry fee's are R25k so maybe you chaps will get live coverage.

I think we should all stop accepting just the bit of extra effords - thats not enough. Why do we always just have to be happy becuase they are showing some highlights or just becuase they mentioned something about a race ect. Thats nonsense..

SA organizers shoul wake up - the Epic started out as a smallish event - and look now - ppl are willing to pay 25K onceoff just to be in the race. The Giro can be so much more.

if the giro organizers invite more overseas teams and maby make it a bigger event - then it will attract more sponsors and more coverage. Same goes for track cycling and also other events.

There should be more big events. Like crits and long hard rides. We got the roads and most weekends the roads are less busy - all we need is some new/or old people with a bit of willingness to make this work.

Once you started a  decent event and you imporve 1 aspect everytime/year - the event wil advertise its self.

we have a list of MTB events in SA - great multiday races - some 24h races and other smaller/shorter great races.

I love road cycling, but to premote the sport one need to have decent events all round the contry where we can all go and watch the pro's ride.

Create something like the old rapport tour - get back to that. Race arround the contry in multiple different events. TT - TTT , Crits , Long races , and shorter stage races ect.

Just need someone to start with a plan and move from there. Next year the Giro will still be there - why don't the organizers start now to secure a sponsor and bring it back to its UCI higer rating - Tour status ?

Lets hope these guys - pull their socks up

I think the coverage refers to SC programme which covered the epic, not the measly 30 min every night at 10pm.

Well next year the entry fee's are R25k so maybe you chaps will get live coverage.

ConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfusedConfused

I refused to pay that for a month long cruise, and some pay that to d*nn*r themselves up traversing a hundred mountains......OuchOuchOuch

Hey people

Have you any idea how much work it is to collate all the footage, edit and do a voice over to broadcast the same evening??

The TV crew are under incredible pressure and to put together a quality 30' is an unbelievable effort.

So hats off to the TV crew for getting us such a stunning programme daily.