Dos anybody know of a kit you can buy.............

porky

I use to carry some pieces of coke bottle plastic with some tape. Many time I have stick a piece on the inside of a cut. Works like a charm. Some I even left in for the life of the tyre without problems

You need a new tyre' date=' the sliced one is waiting to blow out. I dont know how many tyres I have trashed on glass in our roads, damn irritating. [/quote']

Yah, sure, I have replaced the tyre, I just want something that will get me home without issues, pushing a bike 50 kms home is just out of the question.

Your best is a truck tube patch, or just some cardboard as previously recommended, which you can easily find in the roadside litter. Makes an excellent temp solution...

seriously, don't spend money on a temporary repair, roadside trash is your friend...

seriously' date=' don't spend money on a temporary repair, roadside trash is your friend... [/quote']

You know my ex girlfriend then????  Wink

seriously' date=' don't spend money on a temporary repair, roadside trash is your friend... [/quote']

And not to mention a environmentally friendly solution!!Big%20smileBig%20smile

You know my ex girlfriend then????  Wink

OMG... we dated the same girl?

Used Gu sachet worked for me as a get-home fix. In fact it worked so well that I left it in for the next month or so. Sticks nicely to the tyre without duct tape too!